[Official Petition] Let new TT be a new map by itself.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ImNotKarl

12-29-2012

I love how this hasn't died yet. It's still on the front page getting signatures. Still, we only got one Riot response, and it was loaded with what in my opinion seemed like a bunch of condescending filler and a big patronizing helping of You-Don't-Know-What-You're-Talking-About. It's really too bad. Coming from a company that says they care about their player base and our opinions, it's really telling of the direction this company has taken that this hasn't gotten more attention and responses, or even decent debate from Riot. Just the usual, "because I said so and I know best" **** I think we were all expecting and then the end of the discussion whether we like it or not. Good show, Riot. Good show.

RobertoHernandez

12-29-2012

I really would rather have the old twisted treeline back. I prefer it over the new one in the majority of ways.

Yes, I like some of the new stuff, but seriously... now I play 5v5 mostly, and it sucks, because there are literally twice as many chances (in solo queue) to have horrible gameplay ruin the game. As well, there's a lot more wait. I'm pretty ADD, and I like there to be gameplay almost immediately. Cmon. Seriously. Just wanna play the old map.

RobertoHernandez

12-29-2012

Oh yeah..

Wards. Please? I know, common sense is supposed to take their place, but camping is now a viable strategy if you get some kill advantage in the beginning.

Stakki

12-29-2012

Signed. Made no sense to add the "capture points".

IcySlayer

12-29-2012

@Robert's 2nd post what you said actually makes sense because of many champs like twitch and heim(just for example) who are virtually immune to the new items meant to replace wards.Why is heim can place sentries rapidly making the alternate to the summoner's rift lantern pointless(he can build a lot in the bushes and rapidly replace if they used that). Twitch falls under here because of his Q because of its delay on hit meaning even if you land it it won't do much; also don't try to use it well hes invis because hes too fast(despite having one of the lowest base speed). Why wards work is because well they give constant(over 3 mins) of true sight and scence twitch doesn't know they are there(the latern has the same effects as croki's skill that does the same thing). Their reasoning was to stop camping in base but it doesn't solve anything but make it even easier (so many bushes near turrets). In the long run riot should have done many problem shootings of their solutions. Because the old maps response to wards was a lot of bushes making it so you have to be strategic or have someone who is only warding all game. They had solution to some of the problems except the solutions conflicted with each other making more problems and re-broke all the problems they were intended to fix.

Darkassault

12-29-2012

signed

Firebird Leader

12-29-2012

signed, but in custom game only

And 2 questions :

If it is considered as a new maps, where it will be situated ? The both can't be in the same place on the map :
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_P0L98949Cq...loran_blog.jpg

Where Maokai come from now ?

Nularia

12-29-2012

Look how much the Meta has changed with the New Twisted Treeline!...

Oh wait, it hasn't.

Darkassault

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volibar View Post
Hi all, just wanted to drop by and say a few things. To start off, we certainly have been reading this thread and watching it over the past few weeks. I haven't been posting here because I wanted to see the overall sentiment from around the community about the new Twisted Treeline after people have had a chance to play it and experience it for themselves in a meaningful way.

I've also addressed some of TT topics on our Reddit AMA we did a few days ago, but I'm happy to discuss here as well

When we started looking at Twisted Treeline really intensely earlier this year (around the start of 2011), there were many issues that the community had identified. Among the worst were turtling, the meta being pretty stale, and there were a pretty big number of exploits that had way too much of an effect on the game. (You probably already know this, though.)

So, when we sat down to try and solve the problems, the solution space we started in was small - can we make a few simple changes here or there? What if we make a few item changes, etc.? Those helped, but ultimately we started expanding what we tried, but at the same time we were seeing better resolution to those problems. We adjusted the layout, sometimes making small changes, sometimes trying things we thankfully didn't ship (and we tried a TON). In the end, the map we created and all of the changes that have come with it was our answer to the problems that have plagued the map for a very long time. Our goal has and will always be to allow the fast pace, high action, small team feel that TT should represent to flourish.

As for the fate of old TT, right now we have no plans to add it back into custom games. we wanted to make sure that we don't split the focus of our players for each game type. For the same reason we probably won't ever create a 5v5 map that's really similar to Summoner's Rift, we didn't want to split the TT community between two maps. There's really no winner in that scenario, as there are two maps to support, two metas to maintain, and overall a really small delta between the two. We'd rather have you and our teams focused on one, working together to make it great as opposed to two, having neither of them living up to their full potential. If competitive TT is also going to take off, having two maps, even in custom games, is detrimental.

Let's be clear though, this is still Twisted Treeline. It is a bit different and sometimes change can be a little disruptive, but when we took a look at what we had on our hands after thousands of playtests, we wanted to release the new TT to you and get feedback as part of our Beta process. That's still ongoing, and we're going to continue to listen to your feedback and make changes going forward, ensuring that TT has the support it deserves.
So heres what i came up with after reading this. The community wants old TT back. Riot wants to please the community, but they're all "looks like everyone wants old TT back. We spent so much time on this 'new and improved' TT and almost everyone prefers the old one. Lets just throw in some new items, that'll work. If not then oh well".

Heres what i think should be done concerning this issue. Take out these worthless altars, they really are not needed. Buff the jungle monsters because they are incredibly weak. Bring back wards and make the walls slightly smaller to enable more flashes over them. And lastly, remove the stupid speed buff.

TT used to be a map with strategy and well positioned team fights. Now its, grab this altar and charge their altar. Basically, whoever gets a kill at the 3 minute mark when the altars unlock, wins the game. Capturing both altars early on almost always results in a win.

My Desired Name

12-30-2012

Signed