Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Official Petition] Let new TT be a new map by itself.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

keymash

12-07-2012

Signed.

CareBearKidd

12-07-2012

Signed again. Still waiting on you, Riot.

knightex50

12-08-2012

signed yet again
riot will you just give up and let us have both maps?

Aerophobia

12-08-2012

Quote:
Volibar:
Hi all, just wanted to drop by and say a few things. To start off, we certainly have been reading this thread and watching it over the past few weeks. I haven't been posting here because I wanted to see the overall sentiment from around the community about the new Twisted Treeline after people have had a chance to play it and experience it for themselves in a meaningful way.

Doubt you are still paying any attention to it at all still......
Quote:
Volibar:

So, when we sat down to try and solve the problems, the solution space we started in was small - can we make a few simple changes here or there? *What if we make a few item changes, etc.? *Those helped, but ultimately we started expanding what we tried, but at the same time we were seeing better resolution to those problems. *We adjusted the layout, sometimes making small changes, sometimes trying things we thankfully didn't ship (and we tried a TON). *In the end, the map we created and all of the changes that have come with it was our answer to the problems that have plagued the map for a very long time. *Our goal has and will always be to allow the fast pace, high action, small team feel that TT should represent to flourish.

Really... because all i see are unnecessary changes (altars, speed shrine, new boss) on top of fixes that were ACTUALLY needed that came along with this **** version of TT like turtling, unstable jungle camps and health and mana back from jungle camps. Those things were fixed and everything after that was just you taking a stab at completely changing the map into nothing like it used to be.*
But as for the people that helped create this map into the heaping load of **** it is now....How many of them play 3's? Is there ANYONE on the team of rioters that created this map that actually plays 3's or enjoys 3's more then they do 5's? Because if there isn't then how the **** do you know the feel of the map? Where do you get the balls *to come across like that when you have no idea of the map. To me you were WAY off base here and its so completely and utterly disappointing to see it so far off from what it used to be and what you were supposedly aiming for. I say supposedly aiming for since you were apparently trying to help other roles into playing on this 3's map but i have seen NOTHING but bruisers, tanky dps and such, people with good mobility. I have YET to see a support or an adc on this new map excluding myself playing support a few times and our team being ass raped a team of bruisers.

Quote:
Volibar:
we didn't want to split the TT community between two maps. There's really no winner in that scenario, as there are two maps to support, two metas to maintain, and overall a really small delta between the two. We'd rather have you and our teams focused on one, working together to make it great as opposed to two, having neither of them living up to their full potential. If competitive TT is also going to take off, having two maps, even in custom games, is detrimental.

Give us back the old map then instead of this gay ****. Lesson learned. We won't ask you to fix things like turtling anymore because apparently it comes along with a steaming load of **** we didnt ask for.

Quote:
Volibar:
Let's be clear though, this is still Twisted Treeline. It is a bit different and sometimes change can be a little disruptive, but when we took a look at what we had on our hands after thousands of playtests, we wanted to release the new TT to you and get feedback as part of our Beta process. That's still ongoing, and we're going to continue to listen to your feedback and make changes going forward, ensuring that TT has the support it deserves.

Yes please, lets be clear though, this is "Twisted Treeline!" and not "Twisted treeline" and quite frankly i do not care much for "Twisted Treeline!". You wanted feedback eh? Well theres a lot of negative feedback that i see on this forum and i'll just go ahead and say it again for you guys... Dont fix something that isn't broken. You fixed the things that were wrong with the map like turtling and jungle camp instability and then you just went ham all over the rest of the map adding in new boss, altars and the ****ty speed shrine.
If it isn't broken don't fix it.

Lil Jerky

12-08-2012

Signed, better two awesome maps than 1 right?

Undone

12-08-2012

Signed

Undone

12-08-2012

Quote:
Volibar:
Hi all, just wanted to drop by and say a few things. To start off, we certainly have been reading this thread and watching it over the past few weeks. I haven't been posting here because I wanted to see the overall sentiment from around the community about the new Twisted Treeline after people have had a chance to play it and experience it for themselves in a meaningful way.

I've also addressed some of TT topics on our Reddit AMA we did a few days ago, but I'm happy to discuss here as well

When we started looking at Twisted Treeline really intensely earlier this year (around the start of 2011), there were many issues that the community had identified. Among the worst were turtling, the meta being pretty stale, and there were a pretty big number of exploits that had way too much of an effect on the game. (You probably already know this, though.)

So, when we sat down to try and solve the problems, the solution space we started in was small - can we make a few simple changes here or there? What if we make a few item changes, etc.? Those helped, but ultimately we started expanding what we tried, but at the same time we were seeing better resolution to those problems. We adjusted the layout, sometimes making small changes, sometimes trying things we thankfully didn't ship (and we tried a TON). In the end, the map we created and all of the changes that have come with it was our answer to the problems that have plagued the map for a very long time. Our goal has and will always be to allow the fast pace, high action, small team feel that TT should represent to flourish.

As for the fate of old TT, right now we have no plans to add it back into custom games. we wanted to make sure that we don't split the focus of our players for each game type. For the same reason we probably won't ever create a 5v5 map that's really similar to Summoner's Rift, we didn't want to split the TT community between two maps. There's really no winner in that scenario, as there are two maps to support, two metas to maintain, and overall a really small delta between the two. We'd rather have you and our teams focused on one, working together to make it great as opposed to two, having neither of them living up to their full potential. If competitive TT is also going to take off, having two maps, even in custom games, is detrimental.

Let's be clear though, this is still Twisted Treeline. It is a bit different and sometimes change can be a little disruptive, but when we took a look at what we had on our hands after thousands of playtests, we wanted to release the new TT to you and get feedback as part of our Beta process. That's still ongoing, and we're going to continue to listen to your feedback and make changes going forward, ensuring that TT has the support it deserves.

Even though i did "sign" this i have to agree with what he is saying we cant have 2 TT maps sitting around people have always wanted another map that has lots of HUGE tournys for it. If there are 2 TT maps how will there ever be major 3v3 tournys? So in the end i think this is for the better but I miss old TT so could you bring some things back please

NiGHTS Noob

12-08-2012

Riot, this topic has consistently been on the front page of TT for nearly 2 damn months now. Clearly people care about the state of the game they play.

I'm sorry, who did you make this game for? I assume it's for the people who play it. Wouldn't it be in your best interest to not do something that keeps an extremely significant chunk of them, majority or not, pissed off for 2 months and counting?

There's a difference between people raging about stuff they have yet to adjust to, and people being angry about being denied perfectly fine content for a flimsy and asinine reason, this is the latter.

Do you really think the "competitive" sector of this game's gonna care if there's two maps? Especially if SI is the only one with ranked play? Why should you care anyways? Is this game made exclusively for them? No, it's not, it's also made for the millions of people who play it for this thing called fun. Don't cater to one group over the other.

KillaGG

12-08-2012

signed

JungIeboy

12-08-2012

Signed