[Official Petition] Let new TT be a new map by itself.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zhao Yen

11-07-2012

Sighed. I wish both maps would be playable

Caitie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Signed.

I think splitting the focus of players between the two TTs is better than alienating those who loved the old one.

Great Sephiroth

11-07-2012

Have tried this map 3 times and i still hate it and even if u dont plan to give us the old TT back people will stop playing 3v3 and going 5v5 or not playing at all... just put both of these Twisted Treeline in Random Queue and makes Everyone Happy

Nachocroce

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Bump!

FriendlyRaid

11-07-2012

Signed.

EclipsedNyt

11-07-2012

Signed. i like the new map but its not a replacement for the old TT. this is more of a 3's deathmatch type thing. the ability to lane effectively is almost gone because of the multiple ways you can get ganked. i have been playing 5's recently because i do like having the ability to lane. i have played like 15 games and all of them have lasted around 45 minutes which is a problem because it is supposed to be quicker.

I Will Win 651

11-07-2012

Signed

javiwey

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volibar View Post
Hi all, just wanted to drop by and say a few things. To start off, we certainly have been reading this thread and watching it over the past few weeks. I haven't been posting here because I wanted to see the overall sentiment from around the community about the new Twisted Treeline after people have had a chance to play it and experience it for themselves in a meaningful way.

I've also addressed some of TT topics on our Reddit AMA we did a few days ago, but I'm happy to discuss here as well

When we started looking at Twisted Treeline really intensely earlier this year (around the start of 2011), there were many issues that the community had identified. Among the worst were turtling, the meta being pretty stale, and there were a pretty big number of exploits that had way too much of an effect on the game. (You probably already know this, though.)

So, when we sat down to try and solve the problems, the solution space we started in was small - can we make a few simple changes here or there? What if we make a few item changes, etc.? Those helped, but ultimately we started expanding what we tried, but at the same time we were seeing better resolution to those problems. We adjusted the layout, sometimes making small changes, sometimes trying things we thankfully didn't ship (and we tried a TON). In the end, the map we created and all of the changes that have come with it was our answer to the problems that have plagued the map for a very long time. Our goal has and will always be to allow the fast pace, high action, small team feel that TT should represent to flourish.

As for the fate of old TT, right now we have no plans to add it back into custom games. we wanted to make sure that we don't split the focus of our players for each game type. For the same reason we probably won't ever create a 5v5 map that's really similar to Summoner's Rift, we didn't want to split the TT community between two maps. There's really no winner in that scenario, as there are two maps to support, two metas to maintain, and overall a really small delta between the two. We'd rather have you and our teams focused on one, working together to make it great as opposed to two, having neither of them living up to their full potential. If competitive TT is also going to take off, having two maps, even in custom games, is detrimental.

Let's be clear though, this is still Twisted Treeline. It is a bit different and sometimes change can be a little disruptive, but when we took a look at what we had on our hands after thousands of playtests, we wanted to release the new TT to you and get feedback as part of our Beta process. That's still ongoing, and we're going to continue to listen to your feedback and make changes going forward, ensuring that TT has the support it deserves.

"lets be clear though" you fixed some problems, but added a ton more of problems and bigger than the old ones, you also made it so the meta is even more stale, the game is stale, and you and everyone that had something to do with this change should die in a fire, i never express so much hate for people but youve earned it, thats how ****ing stupid you are and sound with that ****ing post full of bull****, what gets me even more is that you state that this is still TT, like moking us "pff heh guys its still called TT pff hahahaHAHA" you and the other idiots that had something to do with this can **** yourselves and die.

edit: btw let me tell you something, you werent going to split the comunity, maybe people were going to play it once in a while but no way in hell this was going to take half the TT comunity maybe not even a 10th.

DARKxALLxSEER

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBCShad View Post
I disagree with keeping the old one, for the exact reasons Producer listed earlier. I understand where you all are coming from, and do have a few recommendations for the new TT map, but I think having both maps would inevitably be detrimental. I like the new TT map, I like it much better than the old one in fact. Lets focus on how to make it even better, rather than trying to have two separate maps.
you don't like old then why are you here. lies you dont like the new map at all do you (:< . this form trying to get the map we all know and love back . you never like tree lane so why do you care if gone or not it odd kids that live in this age are odd .

Shredzilla

Recruiter

11-07-2012

Signed i wont be playing this game much and i wont buy anything from riot until the bring the old map back. I have gave them over 120 dollars and i will not give a cent more until i see the good map back.