[Official Petition] Let new TT be a new map by itself.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mercykil1er

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-06-2012

please keep the old TT please.

An87YearOldWoman

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volibar View Post

As for not looking like total idiots, for making a pile of $H*T.. the fate of old TT, right now we have no plans to add it back into custom games. we wanted to make sure that we don't split the focus of our players for each game type. For the same reason we probably won't ever create a 5v5 map that's really similar to Summoner's Rift, we didn't want to split the TT community between two maps. There's really no winner in that scenario, as there are two maps to support, two metas to maintain, and overall a really small delta between the two. We'd rather have you and our teams focused on one, working together to make it great as opposed to two, having neither of them living up to their full potential. If competitive TT is also going to take off, having two maps, even in custom games, is detrimental.

Let's be clear though, this is NOT still Twisted Treeline. It is a bit different and sometimes change can be a little disruptive, but when we took a look at what we had on our hands after thousands of playtests, we wanted to release the new TT to you and get feedback as part of our Beta process. That's still ongoing, and we're going to continue to listen to your feedback and make changes going forward, ensuring that TT has the support it deserves.

P.S. IF ITS NOT BROKE DONT TRY AND F@CKING FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!! Clap Clap Clap RIot for ruining another thing that needs NONE of your attention. Just give us back the old map that we all loved.

Predinchuk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Signed.

Saying you don't want to have two different (similar) 3v3 maps because it would "split focus" is ridiculous. Also, on the point of being "similar," if the maps are all that similar, did you really change enough? Even some of the top treeline players (who I play with and/or know personally) don't agree with the new design of twisted treeline.

Hellbilly

11-07-2012

Quote:
Hi all, just wanted to drop by and say a few things. To start off, we certainly have been reading this thread and watching it over the past few weeks. I haven't been posting here because I wanted to see the overall sentiment from around the community about the new Twisted Treeline after people have had a chance to play it and experience it for themselves in a meaningful way.

I've also addressed some of TT topics on our Reddit AMA we did a few days ago, but I'm happy to discuss here as well

When we started looking at Twisted Treeline really intensely earlier this year (around the start of 2011), there were many issues that the community had identified. Among the worst were turtling, the meta being pretty stale, and there were a pretty big number of exploits that had way too much of an effect on the game. (You probably already know this, though.)

So, when we sat down to try and solve the problems, the solution space we started in was small - can we make a few simple changes here or there? What if we make a few item changes, etc.? Those helped, but ultimately we started expanding what we tried, but at the same time we were seeing better resolution to those problems. We adjusted the layout, sometimes making small changes, sometimes trying things we thankfully didn't ship (and we tried a TON). In the end, the map we created and all of the changes that have come with it was our answer to the problems that have plagued the map for a very long time. Our goal has and will always be to allow the fast pace, high action, small team feel that TT should represent to flourish.

As for the fate of old TT, right now we have no plans to add it back into custom games. we wanted to make sure that we don't split the focus of our players for each game type. For the same reason we probably won't ever create a 5v5 map that's really similar to Summoner's Rift, we didn't want to split the TT community between two maps. There's really no winner in that scenario, as there are two maps to support, two metas to maintain, and overall a really small delta between the two. We'd rather have you and our teams focused on one, working together to make it great as opposed to two, having neither of them living up to their full potential. If competitive TT is also going to take off, having two maps, even in custom games, is detrimental.

Let's be clear though, this is still Twisted Treeline. It is a bit different and sometimes change can be a little disruptive, but when we took a look at what we had on our hands after thousands of playtests, we wanted to release the new TT to you and get feedback as part of our Beta process. That's still ongoing, and we're going to continue to listen to your feedback and make changes going forward, ensuring that TT has the support it deserves.
I completely disagree with you. TT was my favorite thing to play, and now it is utter garbage. U claim to have fixed the meta, but there was nothing wrong with the meta in the first place. That is what bans were for. Competitive TT is a joke now just like the idea of competitive dominion. The only issue there ever could have been was forcing a turtle, but come on. If you cant realize that downing an inhib too early is a really bad idea, then you had no business playing a map you couldnt understand.

Keono

11-07-2012

Quote:
Hi all, just wanted to drop by and say a few things. To start off, we certainly have been reading this thread and watching it over the past few weeks. I haven't been posting here because I wanted to see the overall sentiment from around the community about the new Twisted Treeline after people have had a chance to play it and experience it for themselves in a meaningful way.

I've also addressed some of TT topics on our Reddit AMA we did a few days ago, but I'm happy to discuss here as well

When we started looking at Twisted Treeline really intensely earlier this year (around the start of 2011), there were many issues that the community had identified. Among the worst were turtling, the meta being pretty stale, and there were a pretty big number of exploits that had way too much of an effect on the game. (You probably already know this, though.)

So, when we sat down to try and solve the problems, the solution space we started in was small - can we make a few simple changes here or there? What if we make a few item changes, etc.? Those helped, but ultimately we started expanding what we tried, but at the same time we were seeing better resolution to those problems. We adjusted the layout, sometimes making small changes, sometimes trying things we thankfully didn't ship (and we tried a TON). In the end, the map we created and all of the changes that have come with it was our answer to the problems that have plagued the map for a very long time. Our goal has and will always be to allow the fast pace, high action, small team feel that TT should represent to flourish.

As for the fate of old TT, right now we have no plans to add it back into custom games. we wanted to make sure that we don't split the focus of our players for each game type. For the same reason we probably won't ever create a 5v5 map that's really similar to Summoner's Rift, we didn't want to split the TT community between two maps. There's really no winner in that scenario, as there are two maps to support, two metas to maintain, and overall a really small delta between the two. We'd rather have you and our teams focused on one, working together to make it great as opposed to two, having neither of them living up to their full potential. If competitive TT is also going to take off, having two maps, even in custom games, is detrimental.

Let's be clear though, this is still Twisted Treeline. It is a bit different and sometimes change can be a little disruptive, but when we took a look at what we had on our hands after thousands of playtests, we wanted to release the new TT to you and get feedback as part of our Beta process. That's still ongoing, and we're going to continue to listen to your feedback and make changes going forward, ensuring that TT has the support it deserves.
Let's be clear a long time ago on a server far far away SOE thought they didn't have to listen to their community too.........

Malkshakevanilla

11-07-2012

Signed. We only have 3 maps, and the league is starting its 3rd season. We definitely need a new map.

ArtSaves

11-07-2012

Now I'm not going to try and do the math but, I have about 800+ wins on TT alone. Like 200 on SR and a few on dominion. I would play with my two friends everyday. Yes, some games there would be turtling, but it wasnt every game! After about 30 minutes if you're stuck turtling and putting up a fight to win, and you finally ace the enemy team after being pushed around all game. The victory seems so much better.....The new TT was suppose to eliminate turtling, right? Well how come you can still stand in base, walk barely two feet to get to the wolfs and run back to tower. You farm/turret hug then its gg. Ive seen it happen numerous times......This whole thing just makes me so aggravated. So much wasted money on skins and champs... my favorite map ruined......I never regretted giving Riot a dime because I thought they listened to the community and their customers?! I barely even play League anymore. Please bring Twisted Treeline back. That's all me and 1500+ others are asking -_-

Valrico

11-07-2012

signed... Singed...
Singed signed too

UnHolyColonal

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violetbanana View Post
Now I'm not going to try and do the math but, I have about 800+ wins on TT alone. Like 200 on SR and a few on dominion. I would play with my two friends everyday. Yes, some games there would be turtling, but it wasnt every game! After about 30 minutes if you're stuck turtling and putting up a fight to win, and you finally ace the enemy team after being pushed around all game. The victory seems so much better.....The new TT was suppose to eliminate turtling, right? Well how come you can still stand in base, walk barely two feet to get to the wolfs and run back to tower. You farm/turret hug then its gg. Ive seen it happen numerous times......This whole thing just makes me so aggravated. So much wasted money on skins and champs... my favorite map ruined......I never regretted giving Riot a dime because I thought they listened to the community and their customers?! I barely even play League anymore. Please bring Twisted Treeline back. That's all me and 1500+ others are asking -_-
i remember doing this all day with my friends and the best parts were always the turtle wins that took an hour and a half. I believe it is in the best interests of riot and of the riot community to bring back the old TT map.

Signed

Applerust

11-07-2012

Has this post gotten RIOT's attention? Thousands of people in the community want the old TT back. WTF RIOT? Most players DO NOT LIKE the new TT as a replacement map. Are you guys gonna get that through your head? Give us our old map back!