[Official Petition] Let new TT be a new map by itself.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SaveTheMaids

11-06-2012

The only times I ever had problems with turtling was when someone took an inhib too early, without pushing for the finish. Only really had that problem when I first started playing TT and didn't know any better. After a while, people just knew not to take the inibitor if we didn't have the capability to finish the game at that moment.

I generally just miss the layout and feel of the old map.
It felt like TT sort of forced teamwork, as opposed to the SI's high roaming, constant fighting, 1v1 me scrub nature.

On old TT I could play with a team consisting of Nautilus (me), Hecarim, and Tryndamere against Darius, Singed, and GP and still win even if we had an inevitably bad early game. On the new map it is very hard to comeback against a team like that once they have the early lead. It's not even about out-playing. They have to screw up badly in order for you to make a comeback now.

Both maps are very different from one another... and if we must have this new map it would be nice if both Twisted Treeline and Shadow Isles could somehow co-exist.

KabalWins

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volibar View Post

Let's be clear though, this is still Twisted Treeline.
No. No it is not. Thank you however, for finally taking the time to acknowledge us can't wait for the next map update and would love to see real Twisted Treeline in customs in the near future.

Wromniac

11-06-2012

Signed

TBCShad

11-06-2012

I disagree with keeping the old one, for the exact reasons Producer listed earlier. I understand where you all are coming from, and do have a few recommendations for the new TT map, but I think having both maps would inevitably be detrimental. I like the new TT map, I like it much better than the old one in fact. Lets focus on how to make it even better, rather than trying to have two separate maps.

cookiesaregood

11-06-2012

Signed

im a ni you be

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volibar View Post
we wanted to make sure that we don't split the focus of our players for each game type. For the same reason we probably won't ever create a 5v5 map that's really similar to Summoner's Rift, we didn't want to split the TT community between two maps. There's really no winner in that scenario, as there are two maps to support, two metas to maintain, and overall a really small delta between the two. (yhea so small that thousands of players say its so different that they want the old TT back) We'd rather have you and our teams focused on one, working together to make it great as opposed to two, having neither of them living up to their full potential. If competitive TT is also going to take off, having two maps, even in custom games, is detrimental.

Let's be clear though, this is still Twisted Treeline. It is a bit different(bit ? really? sigh) and sometimes change can be a little disruptive, but when we took a look at what we had on our hands after thousands of playtests, we wanted to release the new TT to you and get feedback(Wich is what this thread is about) as part of our Beta process. That's still ongoing, and we're going to continue to listen to your feedback and make changes going forward, ensuring that TT has the support it deserves.
Having more maps and game modes is detrimental ?? Really now .. -_-

They gently installed you on a slippery slope there Mr volibar, askin you to put ur head out for the TT community to blame you for refusing to add old map bk (considering obviously its not your decision and never was or will be) .

Most people that liked TT dont even play it anymore, dosent that ring bells about how different this mode is ? ( i wanted to say how bad, but i guess ''different'' sounds more proffessional)

Hard to believe that your only reason to not put old TT in custom games is because it would split the player base .. so what if 400000 player enjoy new TT and 600000 old TT ... Even if you wanted all the players to play one mode, its a 6 player game, first of all, not an open world MMORPG, and second, at least half of dat 600 k is not gonna play new TT anyways, including me. im even considering not playing league anymore because of the deletion of the only mode i played

TL;DR :I am very saddened by the way Riot is always hard headed when it comes to the TT community, even when they say they want to take care of us, we feel betrayed more then ever, thank you honnestly

Sukio

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

Signed.

ragnaraq

11-06-2012

Signed. I love the old TT, and the new one is cool too but it needs to be by itself as a new seperate map.

Snaky

Recruiter

11-06-2012

Signed. Both maps have their place. Even if the new map is fantastic (really), I still miss the old one =(

Kasusha

11-06-2012

I just don't find SR that fun, that's why i always played the old TT, it had what i wanted, some mix between earlier action and a bit of farming/jungling and stuff, maybe yes, turtling was a problem, and there were other things, like the fresh spawn teamfight at bottom lane (that is quite harder to get in the new one), but still, the new TT is a lot different to say that it's the same map, at least call it "Shadow Islands", i can't believe they are actually calling it Twisted Treeline!

Don't get me wrong, i find the new TT fun, but i just play it becouse i dont like to play SR nor Dominion, and i still like LoL, don't make people like me conform with this half of fun compared with what we had with the old TT.
I started on the old TT and reached to lv 30 on the same map, you can't say that i didn't love that one.

btw sorry if my english isn't good enough.