[Official Petition] Let new TT be a new map by itself.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

W1nddancer

11-06-2012

I only play TT

thousands of games in TT , and less then a hundred in 5's

I play with my 2 friends usually and we played everyday

Both friends have quit league of legends now, and my game has come to an almost complete stop.

Ive invested over $500 in this game on skins , and i never regretted it until now.

The old TT was imo the best map to play. I enjoyed finding the wards , i enjoyed the jungle. i enjoyed the slow pace start to a fast paced ending. i enjoyed the lantern builds and the jungle play style vs the lane play style

Now the game is fast paced from the start , you dont have enough time to save a flag point from being captured , lanterns are gone , wards are gone. Teemo is now incredibly strong and almost always picked.

Yes , some games had turtles that caused the game to be at a standstill for a while , but the victory was that much sweeter when we won

Desocupado

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volibar View Post
Hi all, just wanted to drop by and say a few things. To start off, we certainly have been reading this thread and watching it over the past few weeks. I haven't been posting here because I wanted to see the overall sentiment from around the community about the new Twisted Treeline after people have had a chance to play it and experience it for themselves in a meaningful way.

I've also addressed some of TT topics on our Reddit AMA we did a few days ago, but I'm happy to discuss here as well

When we started looking at Twisted Treeline really intensely earlier this year (around the start of 2011), there were many issues that the community had identified. Among the worst were turtling, the meta being pretty stale, and there were a pretty big number of exploits that had way too much of an effect on the game. (You probably already know this, though.)

So, when we sat down to try and solve the problems, the solution space we started in was small - can we make a few simple changes here or there? What if we make a few item changes, etc.? Those helped, but ultimately we started expanding what we tried, but at the same time we were seeing better resolution to those problems. We adjusted the layout, sometimes making small changes, sometimes trying things we thankfully didn't ship (and we tried a TON). In the end, the map we created and all of the changes that have come with it was our answer to the problems that have plagued the map for a very long time. Our goal has and will always be to allow the fast pace, high action, small team feel that TT should represent to flourish.

As for the fate of old TT, right now we have no plans to add it back into custom games. we wanted to make sure that we don't split the focus of our players for each game type. For the same reason we probably won't ever create a 5v5 map that's really similar to Summoner's Rift, we didn't want to split the TT community between two maps. There's really no winner in that scenario, as there are two maps to support, two metas to maintain, and overall a really small delta between the two. We'd rather have you and our teams focused on one, working together to make it great as opposed to two, having neither of them living up to their full potential. If competitive TT is also going to take off, having two maps, even in custom games, is detrimental.

Let's be clear though, this is still Twisted Treeline. It is a bit different and sometimes change can be a little disruptive, but when we took a look at what we had on our hands after thousands of playtests, we wanted to release the new TT to you and get feedback as part of our Beta process. That's still ongoing, and we're going to continue to listen to your feedback and make changes going forward, ensuring that TT has the support it deserves.
You have the most played game in the world, is player base really an issue? Did old TT mess with SR popularity? Does dominion really influence SR popularity?

How's leaving the map alone after a few adjustments any different from removing it? (I mean, TT is already developed - you don't need to allocate so much work on it)

Simple fix for turtling
If you want to remove turtling, just make the center tower do no damage with both inhibitors down. (I'd say make inhibitors respawn together if both are destroyed, along with the center tower, since the inhibitors control it's effectiveness. Of course both inhibitors would respawn after the timer of the last one destroyed is done)

The TT map was really fun at 1400 ELO, and while I enjoy the new map, I miss the old map.

Lakitu Onisaku

11-06-2012

Signed.

Aikari Tsero

11-06-2012

Quote:
Hi all, just wanted to drop by and say a few things. To start off, we certainly have been reading this thread and watching it over the past few weeks. I haven't been posting here because I wanted to see the overall sentiment from around the community about the new Twisted Treeline after people have had a chance to play it and experience it for themselves in a meaningful way.

I've also addressed some of TT topics on our Reddit AMA we did a few days ago, but I'm happy to discuss here as well

When we started looking at Twisted Treeline really intensely earlier this year (around the start of 2011), there were many issues that the community had identified. Among the worst were turtling, the meta being pretty stale, and there were a pretty big number of exploits that had way too much of an effect on the game. (You probably already know this, though.)

So, when we sat down to try and solve the problems, the solution space we started in was small - can we make a few simple changes here or there? What if we make a few item changes, etc.? Those helped, but ultimately we started expanding what we tried, but at the same time we were seeing better resolution to those problems. We adjusted the layout, sometimes making small changes, sometimes trying things we thankfully didn't ship (and we tried a TON). In the end, the map we created and all of the changes that have come with it was our answer to the problems that have plagued the map for a very long time. Our goal has and will always be to allow the fast pace, high action, small team feel that TT should represent to flourish.

As for the fate of old TT, right now we have no plans to add it back into custom games. we wanted to make sure that we don't split the focus of our players for each game type. For the same reason we probably won't ever create a 5v5 map that's really similar to Summoner's Rift, we didn't want to split the TT community between two maps. There's really no winner in that scenario, as there are two maps to support, two metas to maintain, and overall a really small delta between the two. We'd rather have you and our teams focused on one, working together to make it great as opposed to two, having neither of them living up to their full potential. If competitive TT is also going to take off, having two maps, even in custom games, is detrimental.

Let's be clear though, this is still Twisted Treeline. It is a bit different and sometimes change can be a little disruptive, but when we took a look at what we had on our hands after thousands of playtests, we wanted to release the new TT to you and get feedback as part of our Beta process. That's still ongoing, and we're going to continue to listen to your feedback and make changes going forward, ensuring that TT has the support it deserves.
Splitting the focus? of THIRTEEN MILLION players? Look at any major objective based FPS (TF2 comes to mind), having a whole bunch of maps does nothing detrimental to the community and doesn't cause you to have to wait forever for games. You haven't addressed our concerns at all, you simply restated the party line. I'm disappointed in the way the company is handling this.

Knegarn

11-06-2012

Signed

And I would like to add some opinions and thoughts about my experiences with the new map so far:

I'm a mid elo player and I have so far experienced that the new treeline remake has led to even stronger early game bruisers than before. The update was supposed to nerf these champs but I feel (at least on my elo) that this is not the case. Since weaker early game champs have no chance to farm up due to the open playfield and playset of the new treeline. Since you can practically be ganked right under tower without any sight of escape. This has resulted in making fast/blink champs even stronger than before due to the lack of "lane-safety"

This is just my opinion and it is not based on ranked games and my games so far are very few. I feel hovever that the changes has not made weaker early game champs any stronger due to the fact that they can't ward. And neither can they farm "somewhat" safely.

Killord

11-06-2012

Signed.

Bring back old TT, stop this bad joke.

Bshootingu

11-06-2012

Quote:

First of all turtling was part of the game. If you were dumb enough to push down an inhib or two before you were ready to finish, you deserved to be comeback on. It was literally that simple, take the last turret in the lane and leave the inhib until ace. As far as the meta, I played EVERY role imaginable in the old 3v3 map. Squish adc, Mages, support, etc. not just tank and bruiser like is what is the new meta for this stupid map. As far as exploits, every single flaw I can think of had a counter if you knew what you were doing, you made this map easier for noobs at the expense of its veterans, don't try and make any other excuse.

"The fast paced, high action, small team feel TT should represent" Should represent? Come on Riot did you even play the map before, or are you saying you and all its fans were wrong til now? Twisted Treeline had it's action moments but it wasn't a slugfest which is what you guys are apparently aiming for. Sorry that some players prefer strategy and actual laning over "pick Darius or Singed to win".

This whole "splitting the focus" argument I have been seeing for awhile now is starting to really annoy me. Basically you are saying, "F*ck people who like this map, because we want you to play this one" If you don't wan't people on different maps you should think of that before introducing a new map (this is an ENTIRELY new map). When the shiny new map effect wears off in another two weeks you wont have to worry about splitting the 3v3 playerbase because it will probably be non-existent.

This IS NOT Twisted Treeline. It isn't "different at times", it is an entirely new map. Unless you think two lanes makes it the same? Bottom line is I have hardly played league 1/10 of what I did before this new map came out, and after the initial 5 games on the Shadow Isles(I'm not calling it TT) It has all been spent on 5v5. I refused to play summoners rift until now, always in 3v3. Thanks for turning one of your map's most dedicated fans to the dark side of higher chance of trolls/noobs, and the inability to carry them as well. I don't know how much longer I will stick around but I can tell you the only thing that kept me from walking away entirely was the fact that I had so many skins.

Phallicies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bshootingu View Post
First of all turtling was part of the game. If you were dumb enough to push down an inhib or two before you were ready to finish, you deserved to be comeback on. It was literally that simple, take the last turret in the lane and leave the inhib until ace. As far as the meta, I played EVERY role imaginable in the old 3v3 map. Squish adc, Mages, support, etc. not just tank and bruiser like is what is the new meta for this stupid map. As far as exploits, every single flaw I can think of had a counter if you knew what you were doing, you made this map easier for noobs at the expense of its veterans, don't try and make any other excuse.

"The fast paced, high action, small team feel TT should represent" Should represent? Come on Riot did you even play the map before, or are you saying you and all its fans were wrong til now? Twisted Treeline had it's action moments but it wasn't a slugfest which is what you guys are apparently aiming for. Sorry that some players prefer strategy and actual laning over "pick Darius or Singed to win".

This whole "splitting the focus" argument I have been seeing for awhile now is starting to really annoy me. Basically you are saying, "F*ck people who like this map, because we want you to play this one" If you don't wan't people on different maps you should think of that before introducing a new map (this is an ENTIRELY new map). When the shiny new map effect wears off in another two weeks you wont have to worry about splitting the 3v3 playerbase because it will probably be non-existent.

This IS NOT Twisted Treeline. It isn't "different at times", it is an entirely new map. Unless you think two lanes makes it the same? Bottom line is I have hardly played league 1/10 of what I did before this new map came out, and after the initial 5 games on the Shadow Isles(I'm not calling it TT) It has all been spent on 5v5. I refused to play summoners rift until now, always in 3v3. Thanks for turning one of your map's most dedicated fans to the dark side of higher chance of trolls/noobs, and the inability to carry them as well. I don't know how much longer I will stick around but I can tell you the only thing that kept me from walking away entirely was the fact that I had so many skins.
Couldn't have put it better. And volibar, that would be like saying after you replaced red and blue buff in SR with altars that grant a gold buff and pseudo-dragon buff and near dragon and baron are add speed buffs in the river that its still the same game because it has the same name and three lanes. it doesn't fly with Shadow Isles Either

Venova

11-06-2012

This is not a reskin and some updates, its a completely new map with a vaguely similar layout. This update has been the first time to my knowledge that Riot has outright removed something from the game. Whats next? Some old champions get thrown out? Dominion after it's updates fail to reinvigorate it? You worry about splitting the community, what about alienating it? Weeks on and these sentiments are still around.

Dyshana

11-06-2012

I used to play 3v3 with my friends all the time. It was our favorite map and basically the only one we played. We just can't anymore. We didn't use the typical team comps (a lot of Heimer, Karma, etc), but were still able to win because of ganks and positioning. The fights now happen in mid, where there is no place to position or hide from bruisers jumping on you. In the old TT, you could at least get away.

It just seems like even less champions are viable because they all have to do good damage at low levels or you'll get stomped by the other team. I didn't even play many champions with flash in the old TT and I still miss the walls a lot. It was exciting to catch someone out, or find their team in a bush.

I just really miss the old TT. The things I loved about it are gone, and in their place is a domonion-like map where early kills matter instead of laning and strategy.