[Official Petition] Let new TT be a new map by itself.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bhanchod

11-05-2012

This new map feels more like mini dominion, with skirmish dominated gameplay. Much of the TT community was looking for a mini Summoner's Rift. Old TT was very much lane dominated, but obviously, a smaller map led to a sped up version of it, where ganks came sooner, FB came sooner, team fights broke out sooner, but at the very essence, it was still lane dominated, in which you farmed, and harassed your opponent, etc.

Edit: Signed

P.S: Riot, I miss wards, and I don't like SR, this is the only solution :P

Nocturnal Hawk

11-05-2012

Signed.

Nocternal Wolf

11-05-2012

Singed, the old 3v3 is way better riot ruined my Map

ILuvScotch

11-05-2012

signed, I'd like to be able to play both maps.

Chuckles79

11-05-2012

signed.

Haeval

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBeNirvana View Post
Because it's 3v3 lane push map?

No offense, but by that logic Proving Grounds is Summoner's Rift.

The new TT only has two things in common with old TT: 2 lanes, 3 players. That's literally it. Nearly every other facet of the map was drastically changed. Don't get me wrong, I like both maps. I prefer the new one, slightly. But at the same time, this "Noveltyphobia" that Riot has going on in regards to map making is starting to get silly.
Exactly my sentiments (except for preferring the new one).

If you think this is Twisted Treeline, then you FAILED big time in the original map. This map is everything I could think of that I would hate about a 3v3 game. I will probably never play 3v3 again, and I'm very curious as to how many players have gone that route.

All this time, Riot, you guys were thinking of what you could do to make the map what YOU intended all along, from the beginning. Did you ever think that what you intended wasn't what would be best for your game? Best for your community?

Look, I'm not gonna waste my breath/time trying to get you to bring the old one back, but I do want you to consider something, Riot. Consider making a smaller version of Summoner's Rift. Just think about it. I don't think it would split your community terribly if you did this, and I think you know I'm right (and let's face it, you arguing about splitting your community a couple years ago when you had 3 million daily players tops is a LOT weaker now that you have 13 million daily players).

Just think about it. 3v3 version of Summoner's Rift, with that kind of feel. I'm only playing SR now, but I would prefer a 3v3 map, just not this fail bruiser-dominated, dominion feel.

DreamsOfGrandeur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volibar View Post
Let's be clear though, this is still Twisted Treeline. It is a bit different and sometimes change can be a little disruptive, but when we took a look at what we had on our hands after thousands of playtests, we wanted to release the new TT to you and get feedback as part of our Beta process. That's still ongoing, and we're going to continue to listen to your feedback and make changes going forward, ensuring that TT has the support it deserves.
My feedback would be that the new Twisted Treeline feels HORRIBLY cramped.
I don't care if it's real or in my head. It feels cramped, which means it matters to me.

-All the upper side jungle space is gone.
-The bottom lane feels smaller.
-The new bottom lane bush position makes approaching the nearby bushes twice as intimidating.
-The walls look thicker

There's just so much less space to roam. It feels suffocating.
I only played 2 games and I couldn't take it anymore - Whereas with the old TT map, I never had this problem cross my mind.

Boiled down:

The change of the walls' positioning is what really gets me. I don't feel like I'm running around in TT anymore. I feel like I'm just on a new 3v3 map.

So, you just saying it's still TT, ain't good enough. :/

unchangeablew

11-05-2012

signed but reason alittle like your own but not really, i adored the old 3v3 map was main reason i did 3v3 i totally lost interest in 3v3 after new map not to say that it was bad just not my style, dont care if the new TT map is a new mode or map but i would love to have old map back then i can do 3v3 again =D

Exqzr

11-05-2012

I agree. I would go so far as to say it feels like...

a mix of painful constipation followed by uncontrollable diarrhea.

I prefer staying "regular"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsOfGrandeur View Post
My feedback would be that the new Twisted Treeline feels HORRIBLY cramped.
I don't care if it's real or in my head. It feels cramped, which means it matters to me.

-All the upper side jungle space is gone.
-The bottom lane feels smaller.
-The new bottom lane bush position makes approaching the nearby bushes twice as intimidating.
-The walls look thicker

There's just so much less space to roam. It feels suffocating.
I only played 2 games and I couldn't take it anymore - Whereas with the old TT map, I had this problem cross my mind.

Boiled down:

The change of the walls' positioning is what really gets me. I don't feel like I'm running around in TT anymore. I feel like I'm just on a new 3v3 map.

So, you just saying it's still TT, ain't good enough. :/

cobonthecorn

11-05-2012

Look Volibar, im gunna let you finish and all, but Twisted Treelinewas the best map of all times!