[Official Petition] Let new TT be a new map by itself.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blind89

11-01-2012

Signed. Failed map, good try though. Killed off even more champs to play in 3's.

Trinity R

11-01-2012

There were too many problems with the old map, That made playing it not enjoyable, Now there are aspects that fix it, like for example on the old TT if you saw an Ez or Tryn you were like well if they get an inhib down its GG, because all Tryn and Ez would do is tele or twirl over the wall damage, then tele or twirl back, rinse repeat, it made it so annoying, The play style has changed aswell, it has made it more fluid and jungling is now a VIABLE option.

I know what YOU are saying that what is wrong with both? But the problem is the queue times will be increased and one will be Favorited and the other collecting dust, which in terms of Business is NOT effective,

They wouldn't have put forward this if they weren't sure it was better in the long run. And i feel they have done an excellent job, I used to exclusivly play the old TT but I do not miss it, this new one, is much easier Vile is now TT's version of Baron, not like old drag which could be done at 9 with ease.

Again, heh let me re-interate that I understand where YOU are coming from, but you need to see the business end of it, and also that they cant have it split like the way you want it.

Please no ragers just see my comment for what it is, Providing the reverse argument, Not Dis-crediting your argument.

ImNotKarl

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity R View Post
There were too many problems with the old map, That made playing it not enjoyable, Now there are aspects that fix it, like for example on the old TT if you saw an Ez or Tryn you were like well if they get an inhib down its GG, because all Tryn and Ez would do is tele or twirl over the wall damage, then tele or twirl back, rinse repeat, it made it so annoying, The play style has changed aswell, it has made it more fluid and jungling is now a VIABLE option.

I know what YOU are saying that what is wrong with both? But the problem is the queue times will be increased and one will be Favorited and the other collecting dust, which in terms of Business is NOT effective,

They wouldn't have put forward this if they weren't sure it was better in the long run. And i feel they have done an excellent job, I used to exclusivly play the old TT but I do not miss it, this new one, is much easier Vile is now TT's version of Baron, not like old drag which could be done at 9 with ease.

Again, heh let me re-interate that I understand where YOU are coming from, but you need to see the business end of it, and also that they cant have it split like the way you want it.

Please no ragers just see my comment for what it is, Providing the reverse argument, Not Dis-crediting your argument.

I'd much rather have an hour long queue time and have a map that I enjoy and that my laptop can handle. There were much simpler solutions to the balancing issues on the old TT than scrapping it for this new map. Similarly, there were ways to counter Trynd and Ez if you were smart in your counter picks and game play. The new map is not at all balanced, and yes, I understand it is still in beta, but realistically it has a lot more issues than the old one, and it's going to be just as hard to balance this with each new champ as it was to balance the old TT if not more.

As for the business side, they can afford to lose my business. I was a long time repeat customer. I spent about $400+ in two years on my account, and roughly $600+ on my husband's. It's not much in the grand scheme of things, but that's over $1000 from one household to one company that offers a free service in 2 years. That's more than any other gaming company in our household, including the limited edition games we've bought, and that's a big investment for us. It doesn't matter because enough people are picking up the game and will make purchases that our meager investment is made up for and then some.

I'm not stupid enough to think they are going to bring the old map back, even though that would be the ideal situation. What bothers me is that we're not even being addressed. A large and vocal part of the community is upset and responding to this post as well as others, and still there is no response, other than to tell us we're having a knee-jerk reaction to change and that we need to get over it, always on other posts with far less backing or that praise the new map. I find that the majority of people responding to this post are not raging, and offer thoughtful, constructive points of view, but it counts for nothing.

I TRIED to love the new map. I simply do not. It's not gratifying for me, and obviously many others. My computer can't handle the fps drop. More importantly, introducing it at the end of the season ruined a lot of people's chance at getting gold ELO since TT was where they spent their time. I'm glad Riot is getting a new, larger fan base every day, because we will never make a purchase from them again. As a consumer I feel the worst thing they can do is outright ignore and offend the people that make purchases while giving their attention elsewhere. We've had no red response regardless of the numbers here. I'm just saddened by the whole situation.

KalaVedaks

Exqzr

11-02-2012

Handing Ezreal with a far less popular, far less successful Fizz.

Yes that's right, even an Autoattack Fizz was viable in the old TT.

I miss the cat and mouse...

http://youtu.be/oVKE6fKAVR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity R View Post

Blink Scar

11-02-2012

Signed.

ImNotKarl

11-02-2012

Ok, so I've been following a lot of the posts about TT2, and slowly they are dying out. I think everyone has accepted that Riot isn't bringing the old map back and that's a sad conclusion. What I am seeing a lot of is people saying that the new map is good because the meta is expanded from the small TT pool before. I'm frustrated by this argument. Get into any SR game. At bot you're going to have, usually, Ez, Ashe, MF, or Cait, and a support, usually Blitz, Ali, Sona, Soraka, or Lulu. Mid you'll have a little more variety. Maybe Ahri, Oriana, Karthus, Anivia, Eve, every now and then Teemo or Cassiopia, and rarely a Malz or Kassadin. Top lane you'd have a bruiser, Irelia, Riven, Darius, maybe Teemo or Fiora, Sometimes Garen or Wu Kong. Jungle you'd see a pure tank or a bruiser. Shyv, Amumu, Malphite, Mundo, Olaf, Nunu, or Lee Sin. Deviations happen, but not often unless you're with a partner or full team that likes to fool around with the meta. And if you go into a solo queue and deviate, at least one person will rage and call you a troll.

In old TT a team could have a dedicated jungler, or not. I've seen AD Leona win games. I've won games as support Amumu bot, as AP Karma, as every variation of Teemo imaginable, and my teammates have won games as AD Taric, tank Annie, Heimerdinger, we've won as all supports, we've won as Voli, Poppy, Kayle, AP Pantheon... We could have fun with the meta, strategize and counter build, and still pull a win with champs like Kayle and Karma, that don't get a lot of play on other maps, and that have a hard time fitting into normal team comps on SR.

I play a little bit on the other maps from time to time, but none of them afford me the same finesse and strategy as TT1, and none of them were as open to playing with the meta for me. The people that spent a lot of time on TT1 would agree, as far as I've found. I'm extremely frustrated by the arguments being made against the old map by people who never took the time to learn the subtleties behind it.

I'm not saying the new map isn't worth it's weight. I'm just saying that as a consumer I'm upset that my money and my voice count for so little, and I'm upset as a player that my favorite game mode was turned into TT2 for reasons that aren't valid to the people that played the map.

Draktok

11-02-2012

stay up at top

King of Onions

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2012

gibe back old 3v3 map or i report riot

Exqzr

11-02-2012

I completely agree.

I urge you to start your own thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNotKarl View Post
Ok, so I've been following a lot of the posts about TT2, and slowly they are dying out. I think everyone has accepted that Riot isn't bringing the old map back and that's a sad conclusion. What I am seeing a lot of is people saying that the new map is good because the meta is expanded from the small TT pool before. I'm frustrated by this argument. Get into any SR game. At bot you're going to have, usually, Ez, Ashe, MF, or Cait, and a support, usually Blitz, Ali, Sona, Soraka, or Lulu. Mid you'll have a little more variety. Maybe Ahri, Oriana, Karthus, Anivia, Eve, every now and then Teemo or Cassiopia, and rarely a Malz or Kassadin. Top lane you'd have a bruiser, Irelia, Riven, Darius, maybe Teemo or Fiora, Sometimes Garen or Wu Kong. Jungle you'd see a pure tank or a bruiser. Shyv, Amumu, Malphite, Mundo, Olaf, Nunu, or Lee Sin. Deviations happen, but not often unless you're with a partner or full team that likes to fool around with the meta. And if you go into a solo queue and deviate, at least one person will rage and call you a troll.

In old TT a team could have a dedicated jungler, or not. I've seen AD Leona win games. I've won games as support Amumu bot, as AP Karma, as every variation of Teemo imaginable, and my teammates have won games as AD Taric, tank Annie, Heimerdinger, we've won as all supports, we've won as Voli, Poppy, Kayle, AP Pantheon... We could have fun with the meta, strategize and counter build, and still pull a win with champs like Kayle and Karma, that don't get a lot of play on other maps, and that have a hard time fitting into normal team comps on SR.

I play a little bit on the other maps from time to time, but none of them afford me the same finesse and strategy as TT1, and none of them were as open to playing with the meta for me. The people that spent a lot of time on TT1 would agree, as far as I've found. I'm extremely frustrated by the arguments being made against the old map by people who never took the time to learn the subtleties behind it.

I'm not saying the new map isn't worth it's weight. I'm just saying that as a consumer I'm upset that my money and my voice count for so little, and I'm upset as a player that my favorite game mode was turned into TT2 for reasons that aren't valid to the people that played the map.