[Official Petition] Let new TT be a new map by itself.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I am The Emperor

10-30-2012

plz do this riot

SaintSillyRabbit

10-30-2012

First,
I would like to take time to acknowledge Riot on their outstanding work, both within the new TT map and for the game overall as well.
Second,
I would like to take a moment to thank all of the individuals that are taking time to intelligently make your opinions heard, it takes an adult to have on opinion and not approach it as fact.

And Finally,
I would like to see the old TT back.
I must say that I like the new map, it is incredibly intense and very fun.
What I do not enjoy about the game is the unfortunate lack of "Play-ability" of many of the squishier characters.
With the new evolution a bruiser with high movement speed, in jungle or in lane, can easily dominate with little or no chance to stop them. I believe this is cause by, primarily, the speed pad in the middle. With possibly the removal of pad, or the return of wards, I believe the balance could be maintained. I also believe on that note, that if one or the other were to be done, there would need to be minor tweak to either, wards needing a shorter life/range or a short time boost item to move speed. These changes would allow for the same mobility/aggressive paced game, but with more lean on the player awareness combined with the necessary positioning to stay safe, then the current.... "Jungle hits the speed pad and comes through your camp behind you OMG!ROFLSOESOESOE" style moments.

I do believe this simple and minor change would bring better balance to the map.

I will tip my hat in acknowledgement if this map was set this way as a means to guarantee a 3v3 bloodbath and concede the match to riot if this was intended though.

And of course the other side of the coin.

I am a die hard TT fan. The original map had its issues, and I would not care to get flamed or defend my positions on any part of that as currently its moot.

What is not moot, however, is the persistent belief among many 3s players within the community that the old map should be returned in one form or another.
This stems from a love of learning a whole secondary meta for that map for me. The need to understand the flow of that map, where you could truly be safe to recal, the best safe suicide paths, sightless gank pockets, proper ward control and oh so much more were all things that I learned from many long hours getting trolled, and I love that map for it.

Beyond my "Starry eyed" love of the map there is also the player response.

The map was able to be played any way you wanted.
Neutral objectives were obtainable by any team, easily warded but not easily positioned.
This allowed for many play styles, ranging from aggressive wall hoping ganks to dis-engaging poke teams, all easily balanced or countered with good play, or snowballed when properly executed. Although admittedly most games did not play out this way, that is the reason this map was, i.m.o., a better alternative to the current beta.

This map was not small. And yet it fit in my pocket....
The map was open, and closed, depending on how you look at your glass. The size of the map was often overshadowed by the time it took to cross it, which was necessary, as two ward NOT IN THE CENTER could easily give all the necessary information a team could want. The lack of ward usage should not have dictated a smaller map with more open areas and less travel time, it should have denounced a need for better player education in 3s. I had read the map was enclosed, but that was good, nearly any good player saved their flash to get over that wall. Every great player saved theirs for the follow up flash, and the best saved theirs to flash back into a bush lol. But that was necessary, for aggression, defense, and retreat. The new map play style makes for speed + slow mechanic = 1kill2assist fight (I.M.E.) nearly every time, and it requires nearly flawless response from teammates to have any hope of living or turning the fight.

Teamcomp. lalwha?
I have to downright say this is wrong. I could, and did, learn to play all 105 characters prior to Elise on that map. I can say, with true honesty, I had more good then bad as an INDIVIDUAL. Team comps were not often wrong or unbalanced from their choices of hero, but rather their choice on synergy. I can count the number of time on one hand I was consulted by another pug what a good team comp might be. In fact, as I recall it was more whoever locked first played that and everyone else made due or trolled. I will admit that many toons were weaker in 3s then rightful, but when played right or to the synergy I have yet to find a hero you can not play with great success in 3s. And again, i.m.h.o. that points to a player base lacking knowledge, or basic social skills, with a need for education rather then simplification.

A dollar to anyone who gets the reference.

I do again say, BRAVO RIOT! I love your game,and no many many more who do as well. I have been staunch supporter since I first sat down. I ask only one thing. Please let me have my TT back. To me, that is LoL.

Schlechtfish

10-30-2012

Signed.

Hazedboss

10-30-2012

Bump of justice. Please roit

Rockaqt

10-30-2012

signed

Alacard

10-30-2012

Signed: The new map isn't bad, I would just like the option of the old map as well. The new one is a Dominion/TT hybrid that just doesn't feel right.

xI BaHaMuT Ix

10-30-2012

signed

Exqzr

10-30-2012

Truly awesome post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintSillyRabbit View Post
First,
I would like to take time to acknowledge Riot on their outstanding work, both within the new TT map and for the game overall as well.
Second,
I would like to take a moment to thank all of the individuals that are taking time to intelligently make your opinions heard, it takes an adult to have on opinion and not approach it as fact.

And Finally,
I would like to see the old TT back.
I must say that I like the new map, it is incredibly intense and very fun.
What I do not enjoy about the game is the unfortunate lack of "Play-ability" of many of the squishier characters.
With the new evolution a bruiser with high movement speed, in jungle or in lane, can easily dominate with little or no chance to stop them. I believe this is cause by, primarily, the speed pad in the middle. With possibly the removal of pad, or the return of wards, I believe the balance could be maintained. I also believe on that note, that if one or the other were to be done, there would need to be minor tweak to either, wards needing a shorter life/range or a short time boost item to move speed. These changes would allow for the same mobility/aggressive paced game, but with more lean on the player awareness combined with the necessary positioning to stay safe, then the current.... "Jungle hits the speed pad and comes through your camp behind you OMG!ROFLSOESOESOE" style moments.

I do believe this simple and minor change would bring better balance to the map.

I will tip my hat in acknowledgement if this map was set this way as a means to guarantee a 3v3 bloodbath and concede the match to riot if this was intended though.

And of course the other side of the coin.

I am a die hard TT fan. The original map had its issues, and I would not care to get flamed or defend my positions on any part of that as currently its moot.

What is not moot, however, is the persistent belief among many 3s players within the community that the old map should be returned in one form or another.
This stems from a love of learning a whole secondary meta for that map for me. The need to understand the flow of that map, where you could truly be safe to recal, the best safe suicide paths, sightless gank pockets, proper ward control and oh so much more were all things that I learned from many long hours getting trolled, and I love that map for it.

Beyond my "Starry eyed" love of the map there is also the player response.

The map was able to be played any way you wanted.
Neutral objectives were obtainable by any team, easily warded but not easily positioned.
This allowed for many play styles, ranging from aggressive wall hoping ganks to dis-engaging poke teams, all easily balanced or countered with good play, or snowballed when properly executed. Although admittedly most games did not play out this way, that is the reason this map was, i.m.o., a better alternative to the current beta.

This map was not small. And yet it fit in my pocket....
The map was open, and closed, depending on how you look at your glass. The size of the map was often overshadowed by the time it took to cross it, which was necessary, as two ward NOT IN THE CENTER could easily give all the necessary information a team could want. The lack of ward usage should not have dictated a smaller map with more open areas and less travel time, it should have denounced a need for better player education in 3s. I had read the map was enclosed, but that was good, nearly any good player saved their flash to get over that wall. Every great player saved theirs for the follow up flash, and the best saved theirs to flash back into a bush lol. But that was necessary, for aggression, defense, and retreat. The new map play style makes for speed + slow mechanic = 1kill2assist fight (I.M.E.) nearly every time, and it requires nearly flawless response from teammates to have any hope of living or turning the fight.

Teamcomp. lalwha?
I have to downright say this is wrong. I could, and did, learn to play all 105 characters prior to Elise on that map. I can say, with true honesty, I had more good then bad as an INDIVIDUAL. Team comps were not often wrong or unbalanced from their choices of hero, but rather their choice on synergy. I can count the number of time on one hand I was consulted by another pug what a good team comp might be. In fact, as I recall it was more whoever locked first played that and everyone else made due or trolled. I will admit that many toons were weaker in 3s then rightful, but when played right or to the synergy I have yet to find a hero you can not play with great success in 3s. And again, i.m.h.o. that points to a player base lacking knowledge, or basic social skills, with a need for education rather then simplification.

A dollar to anyone who gets the reference.

I do again say, BRAVO RIOT! I love your game,and no many many more who do as well. I have been staunch supporter since I first sat down. I ask only one thing. Please let me have my TT back. To me, that is LoL.

Shadow Eliezer

10-30-2012

Signed

Lavatory Load

10-30-2012

New map sucks... Snowballs out of control and game is over in first 5 min. No way to come back from deficits and almost half the characters are worthless as a result of the pace.