[Official Petition] Let new TT be a new map by itself.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Diddy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2012

Signed yes

RainbowStars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2012

Signed!

realthug239

10-29-2012

Signed

Powerslave

10-29-2012

Signed.
I would love to have the old treeline back, and why not, this new treeline. I kinda liked the new TT, but I prefer the old one. Plus it's great to have more maps to choose from.
GLHF

Sheer

10-29-2012

Signed!

I really love both Twisted Treeline Maps.
However, the playstyle is just too different. While I do enjoy the new Twisted Treeline more, the old one had a certain charm of its own that i quite liked.
It'd be a shame to let such a splendid map can be discarded and unused. I really don't want to see such a tragic waste of a fun, exciting map.

Lead Death

10-29-2012

Signed

Obswob

10-29-2012

signed, i like both maps. Progress is good, but sometimes heritage is just as important.

Barei

10-29-2012

Signed.
I admit old TT needed some changes like those done on last update, but new map is completely different and we defeinitely need old game mode back!

Applerust

10-29-2012

Still no love from admins?

I am Armageddon

10-29-2012

Signed.

I would put forward my basic reasons for doing so, as such I will give my views on how the map plays.

Old TT: A map about laning and occasional ganks. These ganks come into existence by pushing up your lane, then "letting it go" for a bit as you sneak behind the enemy front on the other lane and gank. As such ganks happen from teamwork and map awareness. Land isn't as important as kills for most of the game and there's a lot of room to move around. "Giving and taking" is also good for use of allied towers in combat, Using flips, etc. to place enemies into dangerous positions, such as under a turret or nearer to enemies. Base fights are the same. Players push to damage to nexus, but often back off when champs are around so they don't get nailed by healing/base damage.

New TT: A map about area control. Pushing is extremely important as it lets you control the alters. Ganks happen all the time, but not from awareness and teamwork, instead more by default. This map is about excessive aggressiveness, you never "give and take" for strategic purposes, you always take when able. This play continues even into the base, where defenders have to go quite far away from the combat area to heal, and the base turret never comes into play.

To conclude this section, the styles of play (so far as I have experience with these maps) are actually polar opposites. Summoners Rift has more in common to the old TT than the new TT does. It's actually extremely different, I would go so far as saying the new map has more in common with dominion than the old map as they both have a degree of area control to them. As such I don't think that the new map should replace the old one, but take a new place as a stand alone map with a different name.

Now, I personally used to use TT for 80% of my playing. I was serious about it. Now that it's not in the game I actually find League of Legends outside of my interests. I've gone from playing 4-5 matches per day to playing 1-2. If the new map permanently replaces the old map I could see myself not playing the game anymore. And I'm not saying this in the heat of the moment, I'm completely serious. 80% of the reason to play has been replaced by about 8% (the other 20% was 15% summoners rift and 5% dominion). If it came to new TT over old TT I say go for the old one. But I think that both has to be a viable alternative. There are only three reasons that it couldn't as far as I see:

1. Servers.
This area is the one that I don't know too much about. Having yet another map on the servers might need an upgrade which costs money, as such Riot may not want to add another map. If this was the case and the choice was up to me though, I'd replace the new map with the old one.

2. Lobby wait times.
I used to have to wait about 55 seconds to get into TT. With the beta coming out it went down to 17, and now is up to 30. (reflecting the number of people playing on blind pick, I think the extra people are the people checking out the new map for the novelty, and the shorter match lengths, as well as those people who like it more) Adding another map could (and probably would) double the old wait times to 2 minutes in the lobby before going into the match. I don't know about other people but I'm okay with this, if after the wait I get to play the map that I want to play.

3. Game Balancing.
As the game gets bigger it becomes more difficult to balance. How do you balance a champ's abilities while looking at SR, TT, Dominion and TT2? It's tough. I'd say that SR is the "core" of the game (even if I don't play it much) this is where the ranked games are. This is the first map, based off of DotA. This is where all the pros play. Balance the game to SR, then add maps and if the balance is slightly off, don't worry about it. That's what I think

Well if you managed to read this whole thing you must have a lot of patience. Hope my thoughts make sense to those interested, and to Riot: I do actually like to new map, but it's different. Keep up with these new developments, both maps and champs. The game gets better all the time. For future maps I'd recommend a 4v4 and a 3v3v3 map. It'd be way cool.

EDIT: Oh, I should also note that if you do keep both, rename the new one and put it in the Shadow Isles for lore, It already has the whole dark/spiders theme. Also, if you do decide not to let the old (or the new) map stay in the matchmaking please leave them in the custom game section. And let people play up to 5v5 on them in custom games.