[Official Petition] Let new TT be a new map by itself.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Repliku

10-24-2012

Singed, i like both the maps.

TheLastBaron88

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodhi View Post
Quoting this because it is 100% truth. The rest of the LoL community doesn't give a **** about TT, its community, or any balance changes for it. We need Shadow Isles to not only attract more players, but also to balance the map so we can become a serious competitive scene. TT as it is now will never have any tournaments of any kind.

If you all are suddenly coming out of the woodwork for TT, do something more productive with these voices. Go try and make TT a real map that can be truly competitive.
Quoting yourself and then going on to claim your opinion as absolute truth, which an opinion by definition cannot be as it is not objective, is just a bit egotistical. Something to keep in mind.
That said, yes there are some issues with old TT and noone is disputing that. Truthfully, thickening the base wall so it can't be flashed over would likely make the Turtling issue even worse. The fountain/nexus positioning I think is a bigger issue and would be a simple fix. Minion pathing I hear is also an issue due to some exploit or other involving super minions, and was easily fixed in SI, reputedly. Bottom line, we don't want to see TT REPLACED, which is what Shadow Isles is. A new map. Most would agree that Twisted Treeline needs adjustment, not removal. Honestly, if itemization is improved for Season 3, it might go a long way for equalizing 3v3 champ balance. The best option for all concerned might be to allow regular TT to be available only in Customs until such time as it can get a proper adjustment.

ayob

10-24-2012

signed.

Igne0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2012

Signed.

bravesoul90

10-24-2012

Signed. Let the new map be a map of its own, while keeping the old map's layout with improved visuals and graphics.

MADJake

10-24-2012

Signed.

What happen to the lava level they promised us?!

BlueCherryFizz

10-24-2012

Signed

I like objectives and the fast-paced influence the items have, but that's why I play Dominion. The item changes displayed seem to be a poorly-thought decision for TT. The amount of ganks that currently occur seems right; Too much, and the lanes disappear.
Taking bulk away from tanks seems like it would lower their playability. Since that's the opposite of Riot's intention (adding to the list of playable champs), I don't understand the decision. As long as tanks can be taken down by carries, things are balanced in my book.
With Twisted Treeline's smaller map, I feel that the goal is to have more bare-knuckle team/champ fights. Adding another source to grant one team an advantage seems that it takes away from the playing skill and adds to snowballing. Objectives don't really fit in with Twisted Treeline's speed and skill set.
When Riot says Vilemaw will be more akin to taking down Baron Nashor, I hear that it will take a more decisive battle to achieve the kill. Ebonmaw allows for a quicker stop than Nashor, and it means that since a less decisive battle is required (leaving more foes alive), there is more chance for an enemy to steal, gank, or initiate a team fight. These are what I love about TT.
I can agree with the Shorter Game Length section entirely. I've turtled and been turtled on, and it sucks both ways. Drags the game out and for what always feels like an undeserved twist of events, or simply to prolong defeat. All of those changes should be implemented into our Twisted Treeline.

My ideal Twisted Treeline has risky ganks, escape routes, a top-heavy jungle, and for turtling to be more difficult. It doesn't move too quickly, but a 15-minute victory isn't unheard of. The jungle should promote fighting, each team going after the buffs with the chance of enemies being around a corner. The removal of wards sounds like a great way to promote jungle excitement.

aquaticsolstice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2012

Your all scared of change. It is the way of the world. Some kingdoms fall while another arises. Just remember the old days and look forward to the future. Riot has great things coming to us, the future is looking fantastic. This new change in league of legends is what we need. Besides, it will help put an end to the DoTa2 Comments about league being for simpletons. It will be just fine guys. Trust in Riot!!!

Perplx ZombievxN

10-24-2012

Signed. I like both maps, and I'd hate to see TT gone for good, while I also want to enjoy the new map. It should just be a separate map, league has lost too much from the good old days. We shouldn't lose Twisted treeline too. Come on riot, leave some league history for us and all future league players. I'm not afraid of change, don't assume something when you don't know how people are feeling. I just don't want to see all of league's history disappear. It's not bad in anyway, so why discard it like it's a horrid idea when it's not? We have to hold onto somethings from the past and I want more than just memories of the twisted treeline.

League of legends. Where amazing happens.
Twisted treeline's pretty amazing itself.
And i've had some pretty amazing times on twisted treeline.
Why not have the best of both worlds?

Twisted treeline is not just "some map" It's been around for a very long time, and it's found a special place in the league community.
Come on riot, thrive off of the history twisted treeline brings, do not shame it.

Keisuke

10-24-2012

SIGNED.

New map looks awesome but I'd like to have both