[Official Petition] Let new TT be a new map by itself.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ABagOfPuppies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-23-2012

Signed.

ZapatillaLoca

10-23-2012

signed..keep the old TT with the changes we´ve been begging you to make and let the "new"TT be a map by itself.

Scár

10-23-2012

Defiantly signed.

KalentheRed

10-23-2012

Signed

meatwagoon

10-23-2012

signed

Ev1si

10-23-2012

you should have it like where people could vote what map they want to play as soon as they go in queue they would vote old twisted tree line or the new one just an idea

Stamora

10-23-2012

signed. I really dislike when new content overrides the old content. dont get me wrong, I LOVE new stuff. ABSOLUTELY LOVE when there are upgrades and stuff. However, sometimes i feel nostalgic and such, and id like to revisit the old. The old isnt always worse. i keep this opinion with skins and such too (with revamps to champs as you did with soraka and twisted fate recently, the crummy old version of them should live on as a skin).
100% FOR THIS

TheLastBaron88

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodhi View Post
Curt: rudely brief in speech or abrupt in manner.

If you've actually read any of my posts in this thread, you'd know I was anything but brief or abrupt. I lay out long, detailed posts as to why TT needs to be removed. Stop trying to use big words, please.

If I were to play 20 games, 19 of which are TT, I "main" TT. It doesn't mean I play TT a lot, and it doesn't mean I have a right to talk about the problems with TT and if it needs to be deleted or not. Fact is, since the largest part of all these posts are by Junior members, my statement still stands that they are not the "vocal" part of the community you seem to think they are. They came out to post like the majority of people on GD do: to cry and complain.

I mean, seriously, a guy writing a soap opera about having to stay huddled under an A/C to play 3s? That is complete fabrication. All these people claiming that TT had some impact in their life don't understand that when they were playing the game they weren't saying, "gosh, this map is so fun! I wish Riot would make tons more 3s maps!" they were saying, "gosh, this game is so fun! I wish Riot would make x changes to x champions or x items!" Clearly I understand some random person could have thought about TT as a map the moment they played it, but not a single person in here would be physically or mentally scarred by the removal of TT.

It's just a game.

Also on the first few pages are lots of rebuttals for this petition, which are quickly thumbed down by you, FidoMushu, the OP, and 1 other person who is on a crusade to make it seem like everyone is in favor of the topic.

Edit: Every post above me is a Junior Member up until your post, then more Juniors until my post, then more Juniors until your post, so on and so forth. None of these people are serious members of the 3v3 community.
Edit2: OH LOOK. More Junior members under me. I wonder how many more we'll get in this topic? If you want, I can make a pie chart showing the Junior Member:Member:Senior Member ratio to prove my point.
Curt: a four letter word. Doesn't really qualify as a big word. I would agree that your posts are anything but short, however. Long-winded, rambling, self-righteous and self-contradictory are certainly more accurate descriptions. Please stop wasting our time and yours, and go play outside with your friends or something.

FG Red

10-23-2012

Signed

TheLastBaron88

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodhi View Post
Once you hit 1600+ normal elo your queue times start getting upwards of 10-30 minutes until the game matches you with 1300-1400's. If we kept both maps and I, a 1600 player, decided to go play Shadow Isles while all the 1300-1400's stayed on TT, my queue time would increase to about 55-60 minutes just to play against some 1100-1200 elo players.

Imagine the wait time for people at 1800, 2000, 2200 Normal ELO? Sam already waits 35+ minutes if he solo queues. If him and 408 duo? That's an easy 45+ minute wait time.

If you all seriously want to help this community, then go out to other gaming forums, or post in other forums on this website, and try to get more people to play instead of bickering about keeping a useless map that is the sole reason no one plays 3s to begin with. The only reason we've seen a surge of players the last month is because people want to get a rating in 3s. Once they get their Gold, they leave 3s for good. That is a cycle that has been going on all Season and it is not proof of any kind of popularity on this map.

Kill TT so we can have a balanced map that can attract new faces.
So then it IS an ELO spread issue. Mechanical fixes would be to either normalize ELO across the board as an overall rating not exclusive to a particular gametype, or else have matchmaking tally up prospective joiners' ELOs and balance teams based on Total Team ELO instead of everyone individually being equivalent. You could also try an ELO reset each season, as I think Summoner's Rift does this already. Featuring TT in tournaments could also help generate more interest in the map, maybe mix it in with rounds of SR, forcing teams of five to choose their 3 best or something. It would force competitive players out of their comfort zone, to be sure.