Ward Skins Coming Soon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zhugan

10-18-2012

Make them cost 4x or 5x the price for a permanent purchase option. I like the idea of having the custom skins on the wards. I don't like the idea of having to pay 1300 rp or 10400 ip for something to have it for only a year. And those are the cheapest skins at that.

You're losing money on this one Riot because you are unwilling to implement a permanent version.

Epjest

10-18-2012

The 200 IP per week for a ward skin is more along what I thought would be the cost to always have one, the 800 IP one is just.... I mean 3200 IP for a month (4 weeks) is RIDICULOUS (roughly half my montly IP gain, and I play frequently)

No comment on the RP ones, I is cheap.

I'll prbly buy 4~5 of the 200 IP ones for funzies when I know I'll be playing a lot that week.

VriskaSpider

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Excellent idea :3

Tekkaman Claw

10-18-2012

They should be permanent. Down voted hard core.

Vadè

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Was thinking of buying them until you said it was temp. I'm sorry but I won't be buying any because they are not worth the money at all.

IS1ca0fc72679656db007c9

10-18-2012

At first I was excited, and actually considered buying a tiny bit of RP for the pumpkin one, but if they're not going to be permanent, there's no way in hell I am going to buy any. I was ready to pay full 6300 IP or even some real money for these, but if they aren't permanent I'm simply not going to bother. Runes are already ****ing expensive enough, as are majority of the champs I want to buy (Don't tell me to buy cheap champs because almost half of all champs are 6300 IP), and the only consumable I would ever consider spending any money on (Whether RP or IP) would be an IP boost, because the gained IP is permanent.

Was so excited when I saw the Shadow Isles promo post thingy yesterday, and after 24 hours all the excitement managed to die off. None of the champs I own get a skin, the "awesome" ward skins aren't permanent, what I saw of Elise on the PBE was unimpressive, the Shadow Isles map is just a replacement for TT...

G4MESDEAN

10-18-2012

wait there rentals awww man i was exited for some cool perma skins for my wards to match my underworld twisted fate come on riot make em permanent or add some permanent versions of them even if you charge us a bit more so we can have the choice

come on guys vote for makeing perm or for a permanant option what do you say riot?

Quote:
the Shadow Isles map is just a replacement for TT...
they are reworking twisted treeline i think shadow isle is actually a whole new map

Mk5StrikerEureka

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeeksNaman View Post
[aws2=news/October_2012/2012_10_18_Ward_Skins/ward_skins_EN.jpg]news/October_2012/2012_10_18_Ward_Skins/ward_skins_EN_thumb.jpg[/aws2]

Heres how they work. When you purchase a specific ward skin from the Wards tab of the League of Legends Store, it gets added to your inventory for one week. You can activate a specific ward skin to change the appearance of your wards in game. You can keep up to a years worth (52 weeks) of ward skins in your inventory at a time, so dont hesitate to stock up if you have a favorite. Ward skins function the same as a regular Sight or Vision ward.

buy a few extra weeks if you want to frighten friends and foes alike all year round.
Please tell me everyone is upset that they are not permanent.. Riot you have done it again, you found a way to disappoint your community. I know you want to make money but what about the people that actually wants to keep these forever.. I would rather you raise the price and make hem permanent than cheap and only last a week.

I rather not have them at all if they only last a week GG Riot.

swan2swan

10-18-2012

Riot, why are you so mean? This is going to suck money away from SO MANY PEOPLE...I don't even know if I can resist....aggggggggggghhhhh...they have PUMPKINS on their HEADS...

Prime

10-18-2012

Riot, please make it permanent and I wouldn't mind paying 1000 RP for a ward skin.
Please!