Ward Skins Coming Soon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tritotamar

10-18-2012

I'm not wasting money to rent skins.

I was really looking forward to this and they drop this BS on us?

I'm dissapointed.

Denair

10-18-2012

Sorry, but no.

Like all the others, I was really excited and thought that it would be really cool and that I would buy a couple different ones to swap out.

But seeing that they are only good for a week? Forget it. I would only buy them if like all the skins I buy, they are permanent.

This better not be a test bed to see if they can get away with doing the same things to future skin releases...

Commander Amaro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-18-2012

yea not buying these ever since there temp. You already make a ton of money off this game Riot don't see why you'd do something like this. Renting? lol this is why blockbuster went under and redbox fadded away. Just the wrong kind of sale to bring to an American market. You have to give people a sense of some kind of ownership or permanentness and this isn't it. Looks good but bad Marketing from who ever thought this one up. down voted

TheLazyGent

10-18-2012

Would buy if there was a perm price, the rent concept could be used to 'try it out' for a cheap price. But to keep it could cost like 3x-4x more. Which if that was the case I'd be all for buying. As is I like it, but I don't really see much of a point of any player who doesn't already have most/all the current content spending constant IP and RP for something that lasts a week. Unless they already have so much IP/RP which limits the amount of people who would buy it consistantly. But that's just my 0.02, I'm no market expert. As for the ward skins themselves, their pretty cool.

ptolimios

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

if they are going to incorporate rp for this they should make it so that you rent using IP and permenant unlock using RP this way people have an incentive to use RP instead of IP

DragonPup

10-18-2012

No option to buy permanently, no sale.

And it's a shame because I would have totally thrown down for a ward skin or two.

Khronosh

10-18-2012

Very disappointing that they are only a temporary purchase

Serse

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beoder View Post
You people do realize they last 52 weeks right?
Did you read only selective parts? They last one week, but you can buy up to 52 weeks worth.

I was going to buy them all, but not like this. Guess I can save my RP for now.

MullerPro

10-18-2012

I thought this was one of the best things I'd seen since joining Leage of Legends and was about to make some posts giving Riot a lot of credit in adding some awesomeness to the Halloween season...

That was until I saw they last a week only...

That is a huge rip-off, seriously. Why not just bump the prices up and make them permanent? 2000RP sounds like a reasonable price, or 20,000IP. 1 week is just plain stupid and will force people to buy the entire 52 weeks (at which point it will probably come back 1 year later for players to 'restock').

bluexy

10-18-2012

Terrible, terrible idea, Riot. You took something the community was super excited about and made it into greedy mess. I was going to buy all of the ward skins, but now I don't want anything to do with this. Make them permanent or I'm not interested.