Ward Skins Coming Soon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xeilin

10-18-2012

Not going to be buying any temporaries. If I buy it I want it to last.

You try only renting champions and see how that goes for you riot.

I would say sure. Keep it temporary. But.

If we want to invest enough in it that we like them enough give us a permanent option. You'll still have people trying them out because hey it is a little festive but. To those of us that actually like them and want to keep them. We will buy them permanently. Then maybe we will buy other wards permanently too when they come out.

CaptainCupcake

10-18-2012

You out of your god damn mind Riot.

Angoneth

10-18-2012

So, I saw the Shadow isles hype page, with Elise, and the ward skins, and the sinister skins and my first reaction was "Well, gotta get more RP to get all this awesome new content." I was really excited for the ward skins, and planned on buying them all. Especially if they were a limited time thing. I saw the temporary ward post, and now i'm not getting any of them and I'm really disappointed, because it was such a great idea gone down the ****ter.

Salganos

10-18-2012

Interesting. I understand why people are bothered by the rental-ish quality, but I also understand the marketing reasoning behind it. Don't know if I will get any uses of these skins, but they ARE dirt cheap by comparison with other things in the store.

MandyMemory

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
The weeks stack for each type of ward skin. So if you buy two weeks of Deadfall wards on October 24, it will cost 400 IP and last you through November 7.
But you cant mix and match.

This is a very very poorly thought out feature.

How I'd like to see it:

1 week rentals with IP
Permanent with RP (With increased prices ~450-1000 rp)
Inventory allowing you to pick your ward skin (Including rental skins, just make them last 1 week from activation)

If you want more than 1 week, you shouldn't be forced to only choose 1 of them. I don't really like the idea of temporary things for RP either, but if the prices were lower OR there was an option to pay more to make it permanent (Even if it costs 5-10 weeks, or more) I'd be more okay with it.

Insaneyall

10-18-2012

For a vision ward idea when they do become kinda (permant) I'd like to see a Evelynn Vision ward that dance due to the joke pre stealth remake she was just a walking ward.

I defintely thing this will be fun to play around with i got 470ish RP to play with these new ward skins.

btw +1 for actually attempting this idea that was in the survey.

Xpyder

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
The goal here is not to have ghosts and bats popping up all over Summoner's Rift all year round. It is a Harrowing/Shadow Isles promotion to add a new element to the event and help us understand how players like and use ward skins.
Ok, i get it, ur trying to see if we like ward skins before you launch permanent ones but hey, temporary cosmetic stuff with RP isnt the way to go, not cool, not cool at all!!

ZelsonV

10-18-2012

"The goal here is not to have ghosts and bats popping up all over Summoner's Rift all year round. It is a Harrowing/Shadow Isles promotion to add a new element to the event and help us understand how players like and use ward skins." - Hippalus

"You can keep up to a yearís worth (52 weeks) of ward skins in your inventory at a time, so donít hesitate to stock up if you have a favorite. " - NeeksNaman

But you will be making exceptions if there is person dumb enough to spend:

10400 or 41600 IP
or
1300, 3900 or 8580 RP

for something so useless, that will eventually expire?

Razikale

10-18-2012

What kind of garbage is this Riot why make it last for only a week it's totally screwing us over why not make in permanent? Just for some extra money what about your fans?

Milanda

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quxian View Post
For a vision ward idea when they do become kinda (permant) I'd like to see a Evelynn Vision ward that dance due to the joke pre stealth remake she was just a walking ward.
I'd like little teemo wards