Ward Skins Coming Soon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Torinux

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

LMAO Temporary... and here they come!!!! The "temporary" items which will lead to power selling... Chinese are clever man, real clever.

"Hey! let's over price useless summoner icons and see how much we sell"

"Hey! let's introduce temporary items to the store and see how much RP these tards spend. Then judging their desire to be milked, we'll introduce some rent-a-power items too!"

Tencent wtf you guys?

Redeemed In Fire

10-18-2012

*Sigh*

And I was looking forward to the stone angel wards. The prices seem decent enough I suppose but temporary is a deal breaker for me

Ignore the guy above me though. His head doesn't seem to be on straight.

Fhaust

10-18-2012

You gon done f***ed up RIOT!

HeyRampage

10-18-2012

only stupid or really rich people buy them

Softspoken

10-18-2012

I dunno. They're the equivalent of about $0.50 for one skin. (Widow Ward.) So really? Not that much. I'll probably buy one or two, for fun.

At first I didn't get why you'd not allow a permanent option, but since these are all seasonally themed, I guess I can see it. Permanent skins in the future would be nice though, even though they'd be more expensive. (Something like the old cheap skins in their price point? 400ish?)

NinjaC

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-18-2012

well at least some only cost IP

Milanda

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyRampage View Post
only stupid or really rich people buy them
Nah, main buyers will be the IP Skins from people whom own every champ and still have 50k IP saved up.

ExpandingEye

10-18-2012

LOL this is so sad only one week xD

165 RP ward is almost as much as an on sale skin which is PERMANENT

Maybe if they were 10% the price these could work.

Tayshaun M

10-18-2012

I know it's a experiment but I think it's a really stupid idea doing rentals only basing that on the fact that you don't want seasonal things after the seasons past. If that was such a huge issue why is it fine to have a Christmas tree maokai running around a halloween themed map? I think you would make a lot more sales if you upped the price to maybe 260 - 487 RP Each and let whoever bought them keep them forever. If you look at it from the big picture you guys have 5.5 Million+ players. You can't tell me a few ghosts around the year is gunna wreck your game. You even said they don't change anything at all.

Tl;dr: Raise the price and make the permanent = A lot more sales. Obviously people will buy them so I don't see why you need to experiment with a rental build.

LiMA Phoebos

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torinux View Post
LMAO Temporary... and here they come!!!! The "temporary" items which will lead to power selling... Chinese are clever man, real clever.

"Hey! let's over price useless summoner icons and see how much we sell"

"Hey! let's introduce temporary items to the store and see how much RP these tards spend. Then judging their desire to be milked, we'll introduce some rent-a-power items too!"

Tencent wtf you guys?

"Hey, let's start renting skins now too!"

I agree! They are clever hahaha