Ward Skins Coming Soon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Infuriated Emu

10-18-2012

between having ward skins that only last a week, and paying 60 dollars for and be awarded 5 icons, i'm not sure how i want to rip myself off, maybe i shouldnt, but then again, im addicted to this game just like millions of other players, and clearly RIOT is taking advantage of that.

InsidiousAtheist

10-18-2012

i might buy some 200ip ward skins but I refuse to spend RP on rentals.

IS14696195e1336cdef530a

10-18-2012

riot you have disappointed me
one of the things i LOVED about LoL was that when you buy a item YOU HAVE A ITEM
not this snappy "only 1 day" thing

even though its cheap its lame :/
its maybe okay with the IP but 165rp for 1 week is just ridiculous no matter how awesome it is

i can see the point that having Halloween skins at Christmas is sort of retarded so i hope that you make ward skin. Neutral ward skins there is permanent ^^

this was a fail riot sad to say, the idea is good you screwed it up :P
im sure almost EVERYONE would buy a permanent wardskin if it was permanent and didnt look retarded

Kreyta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

If ward skins are to be rentals for the price they are now, which i feel is too high of a price for such a temporary thing, I believe they should be activated whenever the player feels like instead of when they are purchased.

For instance, these themed skins have to be purchased right now, but I can activate them whenever i want to use for a week until they run out. This to me would make a lot more people buy them if they could use whenever they wanted, instead of having to use them immediately.

Also, why not add permanent ward skins now if you were to test a new style of skins? Wouldnt you like to see the data of how many people purchase skins as well as how many people rent them? Why would you want to see how many people rent them and then at a later date offer different(or the same) skins for permanent sale and then measure that response? It would not show how many people would not have rented in the first place and would just have purchased them.

Red respond please

FrozenStorm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

I understand wanting to try this idea out Riot, but I have to pile on with the 'dislike rentals' crowd, I might be dabbling in the lowest IP one here but a little disappointed we won't be keeping these :/

WarriorForPCSS

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeeksNaman View Post
[aws2=news/October_2012/2012_10_18_Ward_Skins/ward_skins_EN.jpg]news/October_2012/2012_10_18_Ward_Skins/ward_skins_EN_thumb.jpg[/aws2]

We’re excited to announce ward skins, a new customization option that allows you to change the appearance of your Sight and Vision Wards on the Fields of Justice. In keeping with the season, these ward skins are inspired by the haunting guise of the Shadow Isles. Activating a ward skin will transform your wards into ghosts, spooky trees, spiders, creepy stone statues, or pumpkin-headed bats with their own unique visual effects, sounds, and animations.

Here’s how they work. When you purchase a specific ward skin from the Wards tab of the League of Legends Store, it gets added to your inventory for one week. You can activate a specific ward skin to change the appearance of your wards in game. You can keep up to a year’s worth (52 weeks) of ward skins in your inventory at a time, so don’t hesitate to stock up if you have a favorite. Ward skins function the same as a regular Sight or Vision ward.

Here are the first five ward skins available to unlock:

• Deadfall Ward – 200 IP
  • Haunting Ward – 800 IP
  • Tomb Angel Ward – 25 RP
  • Widow Ward – 75 RP
  • Bat-O-Lantern Ward – 165 RP

These particular ward skins will be releasing with the Shadow Isles patch and will be available until November 13, so buy a few extra weeks if you want to frighten friends and foes alike all year round.
This is an extremely bad idea, make them permanent or don't implement them.

Vangu

Recruiter

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milanda View Post
Riot reads their threads and there are literally hundreds of posts by people stating they were waiting and eager to buy.... until they announced temporary
I take it more as a work in progress on prices of ward skins. But either way don't buy them if you don't want to...just like champion skins.

Pepperpwni

10-18-2012

This is so absurd, I made a haiku.

Quote:
Paying some money
for invisible items
that is pretty dumb
I hope in the /all chat the support with Oracle's complements my wards before destroying them.

ChubbyOtterMan

10-18-2012

STUPID. NOT PERMANENT = no buy

Zama174

10-18-2012

Okay so lets do the math here. If you wanted to pick up your favorite ward skins to last you until next year, that means one year of them...

Deadfall Ward: 10400 IP
Haunting Ward: 41600 IP
Tomb Angel Ward: 1300 RP Or 10$
Wisdom Ward: 3900 RP Or 25$
Bat -o- Lantern: 8580 Or 60 ****ING DOLLARS!

Yeah... I was really excited about these.... I really wanted some ward skins.... And I ****ing love the Bat-o-Lantern.. But... **** you Riot... This insane. There is no way in hell I am going to spend sixty ****ing dollars a year on ward skins! Un-****ing-believable. Every time someone brings up how bad the "free to pay" game is I bring up League of Legends to counter it! Because you guys are one of the only ****ing companies doing this system right. And then you pull this ****?! Are you ****ing kidding me? **** Riot... I can't believe this... I am so disappointed right now.