Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ward Skins Coming Soon

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reizuc

10-18-2012

Only lasts a week? Sorry. I might buy for the week of Halloween only, and only the one for 200 IP. Forget that. If I spend RP on something, I expect it to be PERMANENT. Not temporary.

Big fail on this one Riot. For once I am disappointed.

Hidden Sniper

10-18-2012

Trying to win us over after nerfing Sona again are we?

Seriously though, 10X the price and make them perma. I do love this idea though.

Sazdek

10-18-2012

Why the hell are these temporary for basically an invisible visual improvement for 1 game mode? No thanks...

Myrndath

10-18-2012

I actually really like the tomb angel and the widow wards, and would probably pay a little more if they were permanent. But I will never spend money or difficult to earn IP on some tempory skin. Too bad, like I said, could've been a cool idea.

Milanda

10-18-2012

Quote:
Dragontail0:
Why not just make it that if you buy a ward skin, it'll be active until the end of the holiday. But on the next holiday it'll be free to use the one you bought last year. That'll solve the permanent issue as well as riot's goal to keep things seasonal. And by the time there's a ward for every season, no one will complain as they'll always have a ward with a skin for that season!

Because while its a good idea, it would only work if riot STUCK to this model. At this point we have 2-3 Years of seasonal skins they allow to be active year round. They are effectively rewards for spending rp for limited stuff during the holidays at full price. Doing ANYTHING else is a huge hypocritical stance I highly doubt the community will go for.

Past that, I'd much rather pay higher costs for permanent unlocks as I've said in previous posts.

kev11n

10-18-2012

Worst idea ever to make them temporary. I WILL NOT be renting any of these or anything else from this game for that matter. We DO NOT want to spend money on something that is not going to last. I hope you all reconsider this whole rental scheme before you put these out.

0din234

10-18-2012

Haunting Ward – 800 IP

so 41600 2 have them all year nice try but sry is not worth it

Fugitive Unknown

10-18-2012

Ok... wow this is a bad idea.

First off - Changing the look of a ward is a mistake to begin with, since quick recognition of what wards looks like before they fade away when dropped is actually kind of important. If the wards get lost on the screen, or it's not obvious whether they reveal invisibility, that's bad.

Secondly - If you offer ward skins, offer a reasonable range of available skins. Not everyone wants this kind of stuff. A ward or two for some of the major players in the game (Noxian, Demacia, Ionia, Piltover, whatever) would be nice, or at least wards that work with various ascetics of characters (imagine a platonic solid bit ward for Pulsefire EZ).

Thirdly (and most critically) - No one is going to pay 200RP for the privilege of having a ward skin for a week. Even less people are going to go "Oh wow! I'm going to spend $100 so I can have a ward skin for a year. FFS riot, you offer great deals normally. If you want to release these, make the cost 5 or 600 and give semi-permanence. Obviously, I'd ban these in tournaments anyway.

If you want to make me spend more money on your game, please do the following.

1- Pack of new champions and offer them for 30$ roughly. You haven't done that since like, 2009. There are more then enough characters released since then to create two or even three separate packs.

2- Pack a bunch of the older, less sold skins and do the same.

3- Riot bonuses rule. Particularly when combined with major sales.

moneyisdough

10-18-2012

Id support this if the wards were permanent, but also significantly more expensive. and i mean really significantly. like the 800rp ward skin be 3k rp perm unlock. There is absolutely no way im buying anything temporary in the game for real money. This is like saying "hey, darius is half off, buy him now! oh, by the way, you keep him for a week.

TideUltra

10-18-2012

Rental = waste of money
Rental in games = waste of money AND time for the player

Bad move here Riot