Ward Skins Coming Soon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mirai Lotus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

it is not worth it for lasting only a week. If you have them last forever, then yea, ill buy it for 975 rp or w/e.

SuicideSnowman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

It's a fun and spirited idea. I like it. I'm not the type that would even pay RP for a permanent skin so I really can't relate to the complaint that it is only temporary.

Wuuthrad

10-18-2012

Riot:

While people are excited about the new Champ / Shadow Isles, lets make tons of bull**** things people can spend their cash on!

(Limited time ward skins)
(10,000 RP for a summoner icon)

Milanda

10-18-2012

Putting in my opinion. I was ready to buy 3 of the ward skins outright (Haunting, Tomb angel, Widow).

But not for temporarys.

If you want to see how ward skins are Received, make these permanent sales. No one wants to drop RP on temporary stuff. And most people who buy the two IP Wards will just be the people who have all the champs/runes and can blow ip without a care. This is a horrible test of the ward skin system =/ If anything THIS wave should be permanent so you can test initial reactions, then try a wave of temporary's. See a proper contrast..

But in general people are way more likely to drop RP on limited edition permanent skins then on temporary fluff, or things they can buy for years to come.

slifty

10-18-2012

GUYS I figured it out -- Riot just got confused about the holidays and thought it was April Fools day!

BmXmAnIa

10-18-2012

Nice idea for ward skins but they shoudn't be temperary. You could have permanent year round ward skins and permanent holiday ward skins that you can only use around the time of that holiday.

Core of Evil

10-18-2012

The IP ones being temporary seems fine. However, the RP ones might as well be permanent. Maybe up the price to that of a new skin or champion (975 RP) or between a champion and a legendary skin (1350) but make it permanent? I mean, I would definately purchase the options at 975 RP or 1350 RP if they were permanent, but, as a temporary, no need.

Tsumae

10-18-2012

GREAT idea on the ward skins. Worst idea ever on making them temporary. I totally get temporary halloween/christmas skins - that you can only buy during a certain period, but stay usable forever. That I get. . . Making something you waste RP/IP on just to have a different 'look' for only a certain amount of time. Worst - Idea - Ever. Riot, I thought you were above being that type of company. Come on now!!

In response to you not wanting "themed" wards throughout the year.....why not? You have themed skins throughout the year. Loved using my Halloween Nocturne skin at Christmas. I only default use the Christmas LeBlanc and Maokai skins. So those are showing up all year round. Why not make these permanent and cost more? Again, can't believe your company stooped to temporary items. I've only seen a few horrible free to play games do this. You're above that, Riot!

Slepner

10-18-2012

Maybe if these wards were permanent noobs would actually buy wards

Arrevax

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
The goal here is not to have ghosts and bats popping up all over Summoner's Rift all year round. It is a Harrowing/Shadow Isles promotion to add a new element to the event and help us understand how players like and use ward skins.
You've permanently changed the Twisted Treeline in a way that includes a pumpkin-headed shopkeeper. He'll be there year-round, and he's obviously Halloween-themed, like ghosts and bats.