Ward Skins Coming Soon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Baron Von Bacons

10-18-2012

Another solution:

Make holiday ward skins free for the duration of the holiday.

Make permanent non-holiday ward skins 975rp or 6300ip.

Somber Evening

10-18-2012

I'll be honest, I was ready to pay 975 for permanent ward skins. But I am not going to pay real money for temporary stuff.

If you release permanent wars skins, might i suggest a Hextec ward version? I love the skin series and would love to get wards going along with it.

haroldosmith

10-18-2012

Ta in the face that this is a test.

Riot wants to see what the acceptance / buying skins temporary. To do this with skins of champions, are experimenting with something small and with very low value.

So I advise everyone to boycott these skins temporary, otherwise it will be a matter of time for temporary terms skins for champions too.

Dawgenstien

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

can you maybe make them cost 20x more for a permanent option??

If not i'll never buy one for RP, and only probably buy 2 or 3 weeks worth for IP

kinda a bummer that it's limited time content that is also limited for those who buy it, people will just end up holding on to them forever and never using them just to have it...

I'm actually pretty sad about this, might be the first time I feel Riot let me down :'(

edit: also I feel Riot would make more money if they sold them for more and made them permanent, I was ready to spend cash for a limited-edition ward skin, but now I definitely won't

edit2: 90% of wards are dropped by the support, so the target audience isn't even that big...

Glaveir

10-18-2012

Here's an idea that may appeal to both parties: Make it permanent, but only useable during the holiday event. There's your solution, if you are bent on not allowing bats and ghosts showing up during the summer, and don't wanna disappoint people as badly, that's a good way to go about it.

Probrem

10-18-2012

They look awesome but I'm not going to get them unless their permanent. Down Vote!!!

murlocmancer

10-18-2012

Riot it is a good idea but just make them more expensive but have them permnent.

Gillrien

10-18-2012

The week ward rentals come out is the week I start Oracles 2 pot

haroldosmith

10-18-2012

Ta in the face that this is a test.

Riot wants to see what the acceptance / buying skins temporary. To do this with skins of champions, are experimenting with something small and with very low value.

So I advise everyone to boycott these skins temporary, otherwise it will be a matter of time for temporary terms skins for champions too.

Allykatxi

10-18-2012

Make permanent! Also, idea for future ward skins... teemo mushroom