Ward Skins Coming Soon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dongsquad MVP

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

I would gladly pay 975 RP for a ward skin. What I will not do is pay 1300-8580 RP to keep a skin for 52 weeks. Nobody wants rentals.

Lord Mordoth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

I really wish they would just make the ward skins permanent... I was really excited by this, and I really like all of them, but if I can only use them for 1 week, then the chance that I'm going to spend any RP buying them is literally zero. If they were permanent, on the other hand, I would definitely get at least 1 ward skin, possibly all of them. Seriously though, Riot; please don't discontinue ward skins when your terrible distribution plan causes them to undersell.

Mythoclast

10-18-2012

They only last a week but aren't free? Why didn't you make it so they were free for Halloween week and cost RP to extend their use at least?

We can't even activate them when we wish? WHY?

You are going to base whether or not you should add permanent non-Holiday ward skins bases on whether temporary ward skins do well?

Um, I'd like to have a word with your marketing department. I have a time share in Rio I'd like them to check out.

Mappi

10-18-2012

Wow. Look at Hippalus just ignoring us.

bitcrusherrr

10-18-2012

I'm sure lots of people would be interested in buying these.. if it were permanent/longer than a week. -___-

OMGwhee

10-18-2012

I would spend the money to buy these ward skins IF they were permanent. Not only are these not permanent, but to buy a year worth of lets say the 5th ward, it would cost almost 10k rp. Thats 10 times the regular skin cost which is PERMANENT mind you.

SuperCostaBro

10-18-2012

If these are gonna be temporary, they should all cost IP.

KeyboardCatt

10-18-2012

Jesus christ riot could you be any more jewish?

Nithael

10-18-2012

So you made me judge you Riot and that I wish would never happen.
Lets see the facts:
- you have about 12 million people online daily on this game
- 50% of those people purchased atleast once RP
- you still find a way to f**k up people for money.

Hey I don't say you shouldn't be paid for your work, but paying real Money for something that is temporary in a game is really cheap even for you Riot.
Don't take me the wrong way, the concept ROCKS, but the implemantation SUCKS.
Hope you don't turn out to be another Bllizzard who is rulled by the greedy ******* Activision who tends to f*** up everything for Bllizzard.
And if you do become take notice from what is happening to Bllizzard and their slowlly but steady downfall, you greedy litlle bast**d ( and I mean this for the Financial department, those should take the insult) .

Thank you and peace.

ScottyRawr

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
The goal here is not to have ghosts and bats popping up all over Summoner's Rift all year round. It is a Harrowing/Shadow Isles promotion to add a new element to the event and help us understand how players like and use ward skins.
Honestly, I don't see any problem with that, it's better than seeing the boring old green and pink wards everywhere and if you were to add different kinds of wards (since obviously people love the wards idea) there wouldn't just be Halloween wards everywhere. Maybe asking us if we would mind seeing Halloween wards all year long would bother us? Again, it wouldn't bother me. I think it's cute. Love the content, just not a fan of the expiring wards. So, I unfortunately will have to pass on this. :/