Ward Skins Coming Soon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeirnaton

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
The goal here is not to have ghosts and bats popping up all over Summoner's Rift all year round.
I don't understand why this would be a problem even if its not the goal....

slifty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

I just wanted to share that I would drop 200 RP per ward skin if these were permanent.

"doesn't make sense all year" is a stupid claim -- I can use my harrowing champion skins all year with no problem. People aren't suddenly confused about what's going on, rather, they say "oh that's an awesome skin!"

JayneHJKL

10-18-2012

I loved the idea of ward skins.... Until I read they were temporary.
To be honest I thought you were just going to change all wards in game for special seasonal holidays for free which would be neat.

I think you either need to make them free and temporary or sell them permanent. Your shop currently has nothing temporary for sale and I like it that way. I think you should keep it that way.

Lapoopie

10-18-2012

Why not make the ward skins a theme. You can buy all of them for $30 or you can choose to rent them. I may not be the best marketer or whatever, but as a support role main I was very excited to see these skins, since riot doesnt like to give supports alot of skins.

Xelesta

10-18-2012

so one of the ward coz about the same price for a skin nice idea Riot

**sarcastic mode disable*

seriously we don't need another Nexon or Perfect world here

Antnerd

10-18-2012

wtfs up with the extreme price differences?

EDIT: OH, the high numbers are in IP. Huehue

izari

10-18-2012

I'm confused how the rental works.

You buy them, and they last a week after getting activated..? How do you activate it?

I don't understand how you stock up for a year's worth? Is it consumable?

Either way, I'm not a fan of spending RP on something for just a week. IP maybe, but even then, I'd rather it be for the entire holiday season.

Hmm.

Interesting concept. I do like the idea, and I wouldn't mind paying for it. I just think there needs to be a little more thought into how they are obtained / used.

Prow

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
The weeks stack for each type of ward skin. So if you buy two weeks of Deadfall wards on October 24, it will cost 400 IP and last you through November 7.
So they only stack if you buy the same exact ward skin? If you buy two different skins on October 24, they will both expire on October 31?

Xyltin

10-18-2012

I love the ward skins, but i don't use RP or IP for something i only get for a week. I spend money for things i want to have and use at a time i can choose.

Frightened Toast

10-18-2012

I'm with everyone else, I was extremely excited for ward skins but there's no way in hell I'm spending my RP or even IP on something temporary. Seriously even if it was a year long rental I wouldn't do it. Riot I hope you rethink this because it's definitely a great and lucrative idea but you need to make them permanent. Treat them like normal skins, make them cost between 350-975 RP depending on the skin, make them permanent, and come out with some new ones every now and then.