Ward Skins Coming Soon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tender paws

10-18-2012

Ward skins! Fabulous idea. I was excited when I read the patch-preview-esque ideas in the Shadow Isles post.

And then I scrolled down--temporary? A week? That is not a skin--skins are permanent; that is simply a ward that appears differently. You are essentially selling wards for RP instead of gold. I do not support this model of sales and hope you make the right decision in adding a permanent skinning feature--which is obviously what the community wants.

Look at those downvotes, yo. Incoming. Great content otherwise.

SexRaptor

10-18-2012

Add me to the list of people who won't be dropping money on something I have to pay for on a weekly basis. Absolutely not going to happen. I'm pretty damn frivolous with this game - give a permanent option and you'll have my RP.

Adrenicide

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
If players like the concept of ward skins, the longer term plan would likely be to have permanent ward skins year round plus lower cost rentals for the holidays. This is an experiment with a new type of content and it doesn't make sense to offer permanent non-holiday ward skins until we see if players use and enjoy it.
The problem here is I love the concept. But I hate, emphasis, HATE, the implementation. The rental format is incredibly stupid, name another instance in which you can spend RP on something you only have for a short period of time. You can't, and don't mention the IP/XP boosts because the IP/XP earned from the boosts is the permanent thing you're really trying to buy.

I'm afraid you're going to learn something here, and it's not what you're trying to learn. If you sell something that a person will never truly own, they won't buy it. I want to buy ward skins, I really do, but I can tell you, I won't spend a single RP on these Harrowing ward themes due to your poor implementation.

MeanFacedJohnny

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
If players like the concept of ward skins, the longer term plan would likely be to have permanent ward skins year round plus lower cost rentals for the holidays. This is an experiment with a new type of content and it doesn't make sense to offer permanent non-holiday ward skins until we see if players use and enjoy it.

Except (for the umpteenth time on this thread) nobody is going to pay for a rental. So sales will be bad therefore you probably won't make perm skin wards which everybody really wants to begin with but you don't trust that they will be popular enough so you're testing it with halloween themed rentals which nobody will want to buy because they are rentals and so on and so forth etc...

Murgiu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

make them IP skin wards, then temporaly will be fine.

ThaFaub

10-18-2012

CHANGE THAT TO PERMANENT WARDS SKIN GOD DAMNIT ITS THE MOST SIMPLE THING TO EVER DO OR AT LEAST MAKE IT LAST THE WHOLE SEASON 3 , THEN ILL SHUT UP AND GIVE U my MONEY .... LOVE U RIOT".. BUT TEMPORARY IS BAD... BAD BAD

bboytomato

10-18-2012

this is all because of CLG vs WE ....

Alangehana

Recruiter

10-18-2012

I thought this is an interesting idea and they were so cute until I saw the word "one week" and "52 weeks".
Not even cute anymore now.

Corngina

10-18-2012

Its hilarious how poorly thought out this was. I understand your reasoning and intentions, hipp, but they are all moot.

NekoStar

10-18-2012

I agree. Temporary is fine.... IF we can use IP to purchase them. You should charge RP for permanent use, and they only last for a week if you buy them with IP.