Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ward Skins Coming Soon

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MeanFacedJohnny

10-18-2012

I was so flippin' excited about these until I see they are temporary. I will not spend RP for temporary ward skins. Just charge me the damn 975 and let me have it permanently you greedy *******s.

Aerothal

Recruiter

10-18-2012

Quote:
MyakkoFirst:
How things will roll
Low sales => They will think we don't like ward skins and no more wards around.
Reason of low sales => Temporary
If you made some kind of poll (permanent ones would be chosen, probably) that would help.
Now we are not sure if you guys are going to develop permanent wards in time to buy these current ones.
If the beginner players are a problem, give on some notifications in-game to talk about wards, even a tutorial. (That would also teach players and the nature of different wards)

Sure you don't want ghosts and trees as wards all year round. So that means you don't enjoy my Festive Maokai? =)
The idea is really awesome, I won't disregard. Credit to the people who designed and have done that. The problem is that really awesome work is temporary.

this

Shimo Ookami

10-18-2012

Yea this is an awesome idea ive spent over 600 dollars on this game without regretting a penny and I'd easily buy these but unfortunately I won't be touching "temporary" RP purchases sorry =(

Brzink

10-18-2012

The RP Wards should last longer than a week for it being payed with my own money, Nice idea- If they ever get ward skins for perm I will deff. Pick ehm up <3

Fithfire

10-18-2012

so you dont want bats and ghost to contaminate the field. then why make champ skins rental too if you are going by that philosophy

just saying i am being sarcastic

Excalicur7

10-18-2012

I wd rather save my RP -_-

Zeninth

10-18-2012

So if we're deciphering this correctly, you pay that much ip/rp for ONE instance of a ONE WEEK ACTIVATION of the ward skins essentially. That's kinda lame and weird.

If you want to make more revenue, all you need to do is keep releasing awesome quality skins instead of stooping to this kind of nickel and diming.

Fredouken

10-18-2012

I'm in the majority that loves the concept but dislikes the execution. I'm always ALL for customization, but not so keen on paying money for a temporary change to wards.

Bløødlion

10-18-2012

Why not make a petition to tell Riot to make these ward skins Perm. If we get enough people to say "hey ill pay a bit more RP for these perma skin wards" They might actually listen. Idk who the head of marketing is for Riot but they might want to fire that person ASAP.

Mael

10-18-2012

Wow... nice idea (summoner icons and ward skins) to milk more cash...