Ward Skins Coming Soon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wild Leafeon

10-18-2012

Yeah I was interested in these till they said rental. Why would I spend rp on something I can only have for a week?

PodunkTheMighty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

That's neat, but I wish they weren't a rental, and that they weren't all halloween themed.

Fedora Masteh

10-18-2012

Im buying it

DarkDestiny

10-18-2012

They aren't perma? I could understand the 25rp ones being temporary but the 800 rp ones should definitely be permanent!

Dakana

10-18-2012

WTF It's only for a week? I was going to buy them all but I'll pass on a rental. (And I would have paid the regular skin price for them too)

Ðark Samus

10-18-2012

Ward skins= cool.
Limited time availability=expected since it is a Harrowing thing.
Limited duration=not very cool, but I'd have to see just how long they last.

All I can say is, I hope these are successful enough that Riot makes ward skins that are available all year round.

edit: just reread OP and they are a week only...that's kind of lame, but at least it provides an IP sink for the players among us with boatloads of IP.

Omnigryphon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Will not buy. Seriously, I won't.

The only reason is that they last a week. If they were permanent, then yeah, I totally would. They definitely look cool, but let's be honest, you can churn out a ward skin in less than a day. Now that the framework is in place for them to exist and be used in game, it would be all to easy to add tons of ward skins.

I am disappointed by this decision.

Abbx

10-18-2012

Temporary. Bad.

2pudge1cup

10-18-2012

one week? no thx

RedPlanet

10-18-2012

Skins for wards that cost RP and only last a week is probably one of the most questionable decisions I have seen here.

Shame, I liked the spider ward.