Ward Skins Coming Soon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azrethe

10-18-2012

I will never pay IP or RP for something thats temporary and INVISIBLE to half the players. RP boosts/IP boosts are actual benefits to players. Wards skins for RP is just a money grab. Thats all I see.

Heartlis

10-18-2012

38 pages that is almost exclusively negative within 1 hour of the announcement made during an off hour

Perhaps it's time to reconsider and save face Riot. Something like "Due to popular demand we give you a permanent ward skin option, for 3x the temp price you can give your wards some flavor year round" will suffice

Nenkie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

What the hell is this? they should be permanent.

Jasado

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
If players like the concept of ward skins, the longer term plan would likely be to have permanent ward skins year round plus lower cost rentals for the holidays. This is an experiment with a new type of content and it doesn't make sense to offer permanent non-holiday ward skins until we see if players use and enjoy it.
Please make this clearer....in general. And in the future.

When you don't go out of your way to explain your logic behind this, it makes Riot seem like it's adopting Nexon principles when it comes to F2P Cash shop.

And that's a really fast way to turn a large majority of buyers against you.

I feel many players enjoy Riot because of the visceral feeling that comes from most things being permanent, not rented, ESPECIALLY cosmetics.

Stepping away from that without reasoning to the playerbase is like abandoning the ideals that get organizations to where they are once they get "there".

EndlessDeath

10-18-2012

i think this has to be one of the largest failures riot has made, and they don't make many failures..

Azrethe

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
The goal here is not to have ghosts and bats popping up all over Summoner's Rift all year round. It is a Harrowing/Shadow Isles promotion to add a new element to the event and help us understand how players like and use ward skins.

I dare say from all the negative posts, you have "How players like ward skins"

Storm Frog

10-18-2012

I took the time to log in and down-vote because it's BS to sell us something impermanent.

Even temporary IP and XP boosts result in something permanent: more IP and XP.

Baron Bodacious

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartlis View Post
38 pages that is almost exclusively negative within 1 hour of the announcement made during an off hour

Perhaps it's time to reconsider and save face Riot. Something like "Due to popular demand we give you a permanent ward skin option, for 3x the temp price you can give your wards some flavor year round" will suffice
That's my hope.

StopTryingKid

10-18-2012

Scumbag riot

KRYPTØNITE

10-18-2012

Wow riot really?? I knew this was too good to be true. Not buying any of them.