Ward Skins Coming Soon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Enemma

10-18-2012

Great idea
ruined....

gg riot, too much greed.. I'm not going to spend any rp or ip unless they are permanent!

Desocupado

10-18-2012

Maybe rental should be somewhat cheap in RP. IT could work as a boost lasting 10 games.

Akuni

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
If players like the concept of ward skins, the longer term plan would likely be to have permanent ward skins year round plus lower cost rentals for the holidays. This is an experiment with a new type of content and it doesn't make sense to offer permanent non-holiday ward skins until we see if players use and enjoy it.
I was kinda excited for those ward-skins (As I play mainly support those days when I play rangek on EUW) but... The fact that they get used the second you buy them is really disappointing.
Change it to a system in which you can choose when to use them (Like with tickets. Buy them whenever you want (Hoard them), then use whenever you want some difference (All over the year)). Who cares if there's a spider in the river infront of dragon in summer or heck even a bat-pumpkin-mutant. People spend money or time (That's the definition of IP for me, time invested in LoL) on those and they should be able to choose when they want to use them.
Or give use those permanent ones (Not only a year but lifetime like with champion skins. You don't have to buy those again after a timeframe (And you could expect a riot if you'd change that). Sure that'd mean the price would be higher and people would say "I'm not paying that much!" but... With all timed transaction (see: free mmos with micro transactions)you ALWAYS pay more than on a fixed price for a permanent thing you want.

I'm also not that hyped for the current design :/ I expected a bit more than a remodel and retexture - Why can't they have particles?

Regards,
Akuni

Päppy

10-18-2012

*Riot* "hey guys, how about this: Ward skins."
*players* nerdgasms everywhere "OMG AWESOME! MUST BUY WHATEVER THE PRICE!"
*Riot* "here you go, ward skins for a week"
*players* all the hype instantly dies "Riot pls, permanent?"

for coming up with a brilliant idea and simultaneously kill all the excitement for it

bravo

DrMrStark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Not permanent? Not buying.
Make sure you find a way to put into your stats that they're not selling because they're not permanent.
I'd buy them if they were permanent, toggle on/off on my summoner profile.

Kirra X

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

I too was super excited till I realized they aren't permanent, GG then;

amp0sh

10-18-2012

I have to admit they look really nice, but really? Paying real money to rent it is not the way to get players to get it. Ok maybe ones that play this game a lot will get it, but to some who play this casually won't get it.

Mappi

10-18-2012

But seriously guys. If you think about it, even we everyone on League were to protest about this and tell Riot to make it permanent, the chances are, they won't listen to us.
Why? Because they know we'll still play the game, we'll still buy skins for champs. And whatever happens to the ward skins, they'll just shrug it off as if nothing happens.

IrrationalNoob

10-18-2012

I have another question. Are the skins separate for green and pink wards?

Keep in mind I will not be buying any for real money as long as they are temporary purchases, but I figured I would ask.

MissEerie

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
The goal here is not to have ghosts and bats popping up all over Summoner's Rift all year round. It is a Harrowing/Shadow Isles promotion to add a new element to the event and help us understand how players like and use ward skins.

Okay how about this, since we are all asking for them to be permanent and you guys don't want Halloween skins contaminating the fields of justice all year round for everyone to see. How about you just make it so only the BUYER can see that type on ward. That way we get what we want by having something that's visually appealing to us all year round, and it wont effect other players having different ward skins in the future. Its almost like when some games let you have custom HUDS the customer gets to enjoy the visual effect but it doesn't effect anyone else. Could something like that be looked into?