Ward Skins Coming Soon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DECftw

10-18-2012

I was really excited about being able to get ward skins. Until I realized you only get to enjoy them for a week. Now I am not going to buy them at all and I feel like I am not the only one who feels this way. It just does not make any sense. These new ward skins are awesome....so who the hell wouldnt buy them riot? seems theres a deeper issue than just wanting to test how people react to them.

Chromaggus

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
The weeks stack for each type of ward skin. So if you buy two weeks of Deadfall wards on October 24, it will cost 400 IP and last you through November 7.
You guys should probably make them a permanent purchase, and increase the price

You're all retarded as ****.

I've defended you guys against the greed threads lately, but this is too much. This is so much obvious greed that it's insane.

Baxter900

10-18-2012

Lol.

26 pages of asking for them to be permanent, not temporary, in about a minute after this was posted.
Who else thinks riots got a problem on their hands if they don't fix this quick?

Edit: Literally 5 seconds later it's 29 pages

Edit: And now it's page 33. I give Riot 5 minutes before they post saying they've changed their mind and they'll make it permanent

Edit: It's at page 40 so I'm going to stop counting now :P

Bekkal

10-18-2012

Quote:
If players like the concept of ward skins, the longer term plan would likely be to have permanent ward skins year round plus lower cost rentals for the holidays. This is an experiment with a new type of content and it doesn't make sense to offer permanent non-holiday ward skins until we see if players use and enjoy it.
Are you trying to suggest that Harrowing and Christmas (whatever its called) skins should be temporary? It's the same concept.

Let me rephrase - it's just as stupid of an idea.

Vulking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

If the wards where permanent I would buy them but for just a week I will pass, I'm not too fond on purchasing temporary cosmetic decorations.

deusxmachina32

10-18-2012

I'm afraid I'm gonna have to join the chorus of "Not permanent? No thanks!"

Aeide

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

I have to say I agree with the majority here. I know it's a new thing that requires feedback, testing, etc. etc. But at least give a permanent option - even if you're saying you may consider it in the future. I'd be willing to spend normal champion skin prices to get a slick ward skin permanently, but RP and IP is far too valuable to be shelling out for a week's worth of content to simply have vanish. As for saying it's because you want the Harrowing theme to stay unique to this time of year, are all the new Harrowing champion skins going to be usable for only a week? If so then everyone will be in an outrage, and if not then you're just contradicting yourself.

Darkness4910

10-18-2012

Can we get 2k+ downvotes on this?

Bort

10-18-2012

Quote:
The weeks stack for each type of ward skin. So if you buy two weeks of Deadfall wards on October 24, it will cost 400 IP and last you through November 7.
What if I then buy 1 week of Haunting Wards on October 25th cause I thought they were much cooler and decided to splurge ?

Would they run out on Nov 1st and I would be back at regular wards ?
Would I get them to Nov 1st and then Deadfall wards to November 7th ?
Would I have to wait till November 8th to get Haunting Wards ?
Could I some how switch between them for a week ?

IrrationalNoob

10-18-2012

Quote:
Horrible implementation. Have some Red skinned votes.