Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ward Skins Coming Soon

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XSìléntDwëllêrX

10-18-2012

In others words;

Brilliant Idea, horrible execution.

Tigrian

Recruiter

10-18-2012

Quote:
Hippalus:
The weeks stack for each type of ward skin. So if you buy two weeks of Deadfall wards on October 24, it will cost 400 IP and last you through November 7.

Oh, that's pretty cool then. I know you're getting a lot of negative feedback, but i really like the idea and i think the prices are, for the most part, reasonable. ^_^

Holodomor

10-18-2012

I have to agree and throw in my comment, in the hopes of community betterment:

Making the skins temporary will no doubt lead to lower purchase rates, but I'm sure Hippalus et al will have accounted for this.

That being said, I would love to have permanent skins be available from the get-go. I plan on buying a few weeks worth of wards, but I hate to think of spending $10 on something that will only last 20 weeks or something.

Darkness4910

Recruiter

10-18-2012

Quote:
DarkestPhoenix:
Welp, you guys had my money until "for one week". Then I just laughed and posted this. Good try, though.

Same here.

OJ191

10-18-2012

Quote:
Hippalus:
The weeks stack for each type of ward skin. So if you buy two weeks of Deadfall wards on October 24, it will cost 400 IP and last you through November 7.

Please make it so that within the store on the ward skins page there is a ward skin survey so you can get some real data (and announce said survey in the main page of the client etc). A lot of people probably won't buy because they are only temporary.

Best Lolicon NA

10-18-2012

you had me until temporary, I'm not wasting anything unless I can choose to unlock it forever at a higher cost I'm sure.

Darth Irule

10-18-2012

I would only buy these ward skins if they were perm. I see no reason why they shouldnt be perm. The other holiday skins are perm, so why not these? I wouldnt buy the other ward skins either if they arnt perm.

Tetroneaque

Recruiter

10-18-2012

Make them a permanent purchase, not this rental BS. So what if people want to drop Halloween themed wards all year round? If I purchase a Harrowing skin like I did with last years Bewitching Nidalee I'll use it whenever I darn well please despite whatever day it might be in real life. I did plan on picking up some ward skins but seeing them as temporary I won't even bother with them.

XD Davy

10-18-2012

Squeeze every penny right Riot

Exarch

10-18-2012

My prediction? Only the IP based ones will have any sales. I, nor any sane person, would spend real money(RP) on something that lasts a week when we can buy plenty of other things(skins, rune pages, champions) with RP that last forever.

I have a **** load of IP saved up, so I may buy a couple of weeks of the Deadfall one with IP, but there's no chance I'm spending my precious RP on temporary cosmetic upgrades.