Ward Skins Coming Soon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tali

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Was going to drop some cash on these until I found out they were temporary. No thanks, it's not worth it for rental pixels.

AudioTheory

10-18-2012

Have any of you thought that maybe its because its, I dunno its Halloween themed.... And you know like this is RIOT... and you know like they are gonna make an Xmas tree ward... and a Valentines day ward ....and an Easter ward. Etc etc. at least they gave you the option to buy more so they can last you the full year. But in reality this is done so they can release other wards later on. Then on XMAS its not like everyone and there moms is still using a ghost ward and if you do have one then you bought it and saved it to use when no one had them kinda idea.

Either way this is not needed its a thing for people with so much money in their lives
(IE, RealPoints, RP)that they waste it on junk or peeps with a huge amount of (Imaginary Points- IP) from playing to waste a bit on. I will be picking up the cheapest ones to mess around with and thats it.

The real **** is Rengar getting nerfed. It has taught me one thing. Dont buy champions with RP. Cause they will get nerfed to ****. Guess ill be playing AP Rengar a lot more, so i can sustain and even that will be messed up since they are messing up DFG. And if you go AD you got the entire patch as a nerf. Phage nerf, Q-nerf, R-nerf.Trinity Nerf even though I never even use it on rengar. You might have to now since you'll need the damage on Q. Ill stick with ap rengar and just start maining a new champion.

enough ranting i hate nerfs

Zeirnaton

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

the hell!? i was really wanting to buy these till I found out there are temporary...

SoraNoChinchira

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
If players like the concept of ward skins, the longer term plan would likely be to have permanent ward skins year round plus lower cost rentals for the holidays. This is an experiment with a new type of content and it doesn't make sense to offer permanent non-holiday ward skins until we see if players use and enjoy it.
Honestly, I love this idea. This kind of innovative thing keeps games going and keeping it fresh as you guys like. And just honestly its a flat out cool idea. I would definitely be willing to spend money for permanent ward skins. I'll probably spend the IP on some of them to try it out, but i'm already sold the day we have permanent ward skins

Bill Nye the Spy

10-18-2012

I was liking the idea of ward skins, but then you say rentals, and now I am all like: No.

SpaceMonkey3000

10-18-2012

Quote:
If players like the concept of ward skins, the longer term plan would likely be to have permanent ward skins year round plus lower cost rentals for the holidays. This is an experiment with a new type of content and it doesn't make sense to offer permanent non-holiday ward skins until we see if players use and enjoy it.

Then why are holiday skins for champions allowed all year? This logic doesn't follow.

Rayvinn

10-18-2012

Riot,
Although I appreciate your efforts to increase the customization of your game.I don't think renting skins should be a solution. If you really want to make money - as I'm sure you do.
I would suggest breaking it into two different categories.
First is to pay a few hundred (250) Ip for all ward type rental. This will allow your consumer to thoroughly think his/her decision through. Before committing to option two.
Now allow these skins to be purchased PERMANENTLY with RP. This will allow you to select your skin throughout future games. The wards shouldn't vary in price much considering they are all alterations of something that is the same darn thing. If there were added particles like the wards moved or some such thing I would suggest otherwise.
Doing this would not only please the community but also help you achieve your sales.
You are your own company though and have grown immensely with little help from me. I am only speaking from what I'm seeing on the forums and as a consumer myself.
Cheers,
Rayvinn

Campky

10-18-2012

not perm = no go

VriskaSpider

10-18-2012

Quote:

Makes perfect sense and I think it's a good way to test the waters.

Bland

10-18-2012

Quote:
Reluctantly... I have to accept this answer...

It doesn't make sense to come up with a new content, that ultimately only a few buy. Worst case scenario in this case would be that you are stuck with a feature, even if you plan never to put any new wards into the store. And worst of all, it potentially confuses new players that don't even know these things exist.

I'd still prefer them permanent, but I can understand your point of view.