Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ward Skins Coming Soon

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

akaitachi

10-18-2012

I'm on the boat of "I would love a permanent version". Sure, I may pick up a rental with leftover RP once for a holiday and it will be the cheapest one. A permanent version? I would buy numerous ones, at champion prices or even higher (its a skin on all of my champions after all) easily.

PenguinPaladin

10-18-2012

I'd be fine if there were a permanent option for 975 RP. I see these and I really want them, but I just don't agree with the rental model at all so I won't be buying them.

It's unfortunate that these awesome skins get wasted on a purely temporary rental promotion.

Midgetjuice

10-18-2012

If they aren't permanent they should just be free to use during the week they are released imo, I don't want to pay for something that wont be there for very long

Mappi

10-18-2012

Wow Riot. I though you guys were a multi-million dollar company...

Renting a skin is just facepalm...

Reiver

10-18-2012

Quote:
Hippalus:
If players like the concept of ward skins, the longer term plan would likely be to have permanent ward skins year round plus lower cost rentals for the holidays. This is an experiment with a new type of content and it doesn't make sense to offer permanent non-holiday ward skins until we see if players use and enjoy it.

Player usage and enjoyment will be SEVERELY hampered by you making it temporary content.

Riot is too heavily invested in the concept of permanent content at this point that releasing temporary content is simply asking for failure. If you'd done this three years ago you probably could've gotten away with it. Now though you have an army clamoring for your throat.

Personally I've invested a LOT of time and money into League. (Go look up how much money is invested in my account, I'm sure you have access to those details if you want, and if you need the player's permission here it is [though not permission to publicly reveal it ]). I won't be spending a penny or a single point of IP on these if they aren't permanent.

Leib Olmai

10-18-2012

Quote:
Hippalus:
The weeks stack for each type of ward skin. So if you buy two weeks of Deadfall wards on October 24, it will cost 400 IP and last you through November 7.

For a year :
Deadfall Ward - 10400 IP
Haunting Ward - 41600 IP
Tomb Angel Ward - 1300 IP
Widow Ward - 3900 RP
Bat-O-Lantern Ward - 8580 RP

ARE YOU INSANE ?

Plus you messed up with the Icon too !
Wow.. I thought you were a good guy.

Retsopmi

Recruiter

10-18-2012

Quote:
Hippalus:
If players like the concept of ward skins, the longer term plan would likely be to have permanent ward skins year round plus lower cost rentals for the holidays. This is an experiment with a new type of content and it doesn't make sense to offer permanent non-holiday ward skins until we see if players use and enjoy it.

Here's a bright idea they probably didn't teach you in college, or you skipped that class.

How about you offer FREE SAMPLES of the ward skins during the holiday. This is a win win situation. Players get to see if they like the idea of temporary ward skins without the risk of time or money. Riot gets free feedback, and much more feedback, to see if this is a product that will sell down the road.

Chamenas

10-18-2012

Quote:
Hippalus:

So, here's the thing.

I LOVE the idea of ward skins. But I'm not just made of money and I spend far more on this game than I should anyways. I simply can't justify buying something temporary like this. I can't be the only one that feels this way. I don't see the logical justification of judging its permanent popularity based on its current state. You're missing out on a whole demographic of people who would, say, spend 975 rp to get a permanent ward skin.

Anak1n 5kywalk3r

Recruiter

10-18-2012

Riot, u think this is a brilliant idea? Think again.

ReDNeCk MinOTauR

10-18-2012

Hey maybe this will get more people playing supports, who may even buy more wards now!

On the downside they may die protecting there precious wards!! (So shiny)