Ward Skins Coming Soon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

13bmw13

10-18-2012

while your here Hippalus are you going to be release a holiday skin bundle? It would make alot of people happy if you did.

Chamenas

10-18-2012

Yeah, no. I was excited for this, but I'm not going to spend RP on something temporary that doesn't have a permanent effect (like a boost, for instance). Sorry :-/

Heartlis

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
If players like the concept of ward skins, the longer term plan would likely be to have permanent ward skins year round plus lower cost rentals for the holidays. This is an experiment with a new type of content and it doesn't make sense to offer permanent non-holiday ward skins until we see if players use and enjoy it.
If it's actually an experiment then it should be obvious that it isn't going to work out well and should be changed. There is nothing posted in these last 23 pages that make me think these will be a success in their current form.

There are a few ways you can go with this but making them several thousand IP but permanent is the best middle ground imho.

Convict24601

10-18-2012

I was quite excited to find out that there would be some ward skins available soon and even more excited when I found out that I could purchase them with IP. Finally, I thought, I can be included in buying some skins for a little bit of variety even if it is just on wards.

Then I find out that the IP for it is a bit costly...but I thought ok, whatever, I'll just grind a bit and get some IP to make up for it. Then I find out that some can only be purchased with RP...so my reaction for that was mildly disappointing bit figured being able to purchase some skins is better than nothing. THEN I find out that the wards are only temporarily! And they only last for a lousy week! That completely deters me from wanting to purchase the ward skins anymore =(

Besteality

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPatches View Post
Well since I'm getting downvoted anyway.

First. **** all you nooby sheep children. Sona, Eve and Rengar deserves all the nerfs they are getting.

Katarina is overpowered too.

Dominion is superior to summoners rift.

Anyone who plays Darius is terrible human being.

**** Teemo and everyone who plays him.

AD carries are underpowered.
I have a raging ***** the size of WuKongs staff for you right now.

DONGLORD420

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

riot i thought you people were above selling temp items for real money. temp items for real money is **** that i'd expect from a terrible game like AVA.

very sad day

Brimstew

10-18-2012

It's funny that a lot of people are complaining that its a rental and won't buy any ward skins. Yet, Riot is going to most likely make bank off of this. I know for a fact I will not buy any whatsoever.

StopTryingKid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

So this going to be a regular thing now? Instead of skin sales, you guys will do skin rentals?

Mughi of Ruckus

10-18-2012

Quote:
If players like the concept of ward skins, the longer term plan would likely be to have permanent ward skins year round plus lower cost rentals for the holidays. This is an experiment with a new type of content and it doesn't make sense to offer permanent non-holiday ward skins until we see if players use and enjoy it.
I disagree on that last point, but you can make the wards permanent and still not see them everywhere all the time, I'm sure. It would be much like the Halloween champion skins that managed to not fill every match. Regardless of your reason, there's no way I'm spending RP, especially not that much, on something that disappears after a week. That's actually kind of ridiculous. That makes the IP option nice, but 800 IP for a ward skin that only lasts one week? You do realize there are some people for whom 800 IP is their average intake for a week, right? Again, ridiculous.

Dr Apocalyptic

10-18-2012

Quote:
The goal here is not to have ghosts and bats popping up all over Summoner's Rift all year round. It is a Harrowing/Shadow Isles promotion to add a new element to the event and help us understand how players like and use ward skins.
I understand the point of not making a seasonal item permanent (even though champion skins are). However, because the work has been done to put skins on wards, could there be a permanent, non-seasonal ward skins for purchase in the future? I personally would not buy something you can't keep.