Ward Skins Coming Soon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Black Phoenix

10-18-2012

they are not permanent ?

nice greed

TSD Gimpy

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
If players like the concept of ward skins, the longer term plan would likely be to have permanent ward skins year round plus lower cost rentals for the holidays. This is an experiment with a new type of content and it doesn't make sense to offer permanent non-holiday ward skins until we see if players use and enjoy it.
Count how many people have said "I would have bought them if they were permanent".

Also don't forget about the randoms that never come on the forums probably thinking the same thing.

Best Fizz EU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Quote:
If players like the concept of ward skins, the longer term plan would likely be to have permanent ward skins year round plus lower cost rentals for the holidays. This is an experiment with a new type of content and it doesn't make sense to offer permanent non-holiday ward skins until we see if players use and enjoy it.
Why are people downvoting him? This is exactly what everyone is asking for.

Thalandor46

10-18-2012

So if I buy and use a Haunting Ward, will every Vision Ward look like a Haunting Ward, or just ones I place? And will wards I place appear as Haunting Wards for everyone in the game, or just me?

Ensign Epic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

>pay 2 rent

gahahahahaha oh man that's rich, lern2moneygrub more.

I'd be all over this if I, you know, got to keep it. But no thanks now. Also Hippalus- if someone can buy a year's worth then guess what- they can pop up all year round anyway. Face it, pay 2 rent is DUMB. Let us just buy these k?

FrankyCentaur

10-18-2012

Quote:

It doesn't make sense?...

Why not offer two choices-

Limited Time Wards- 50RP

Forever Wards- 250 RP

You could of EASILY done a quicker way to gauge consumer interest. Again, seems like a cash grab.

Sumer333

10-18-2012

Quote:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, maybe an easier way to figure out if people want permanent ward skins is to simply ask them or make some poll rather than make us your lab rats in an experiment where we have to put up our hard earned cash and IP and get **** to show for it after a week. **** off.

Axiom

10-18-2012

Quote:
A lot of people AREN'T going to use and enjoy them because they aren't permanent. You should've introduced the permanent stuff FIRST, then had the holiday rental deal.

Essentially, you're ruining your experiment by starting with a sub-condition, rather than by testing the condition itself.

The Last Melon

10-18-2012

I would gladly pay around the same price for permanent ward skins as champion skins (probably easier to implement too).

But I would not pay a penny for temporary ward skins.

SaiGarKing

10-18-2012

Quote:
I will not buy rental ward skins. I will however, buy permanent ones. Please offer both. The concept of a skin is that you love the appearance of it. Since that is the case, you want the option to always have it on, not pay week to week to keep it. On top of that, we can't even pay week to week since they are only offered for a specific time frame. I have to make a huge initial investment if I wanted to keep my ward skin year round (they are more expensive to keep for a year than a 975 skin...)