Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ward Skins Coming Soon

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lileeper

10-18-2012

Are you kidding me? I was going to use some rp, but only last one week? WTF IS THAT

EDIT: I also have played combat arms for a little while before, but the game is unplayable because all weapons are temporary so it sucks and unless you pay the monies you can never have a gun for a while

Koryu

10-18-2012

I like the ward skins, it's a neat idea. I think the problem most people have with them is that they are temporary. I would like to unlock a ward skin on a permanent basis, even if it meant that the ward skin was only viewable by me. Maybe part of the problem is that the ward skins are viewable by everyone once placed? Out-of-season ward skins wouldn't matter if only the person who wanted to see it could.

Nithelein

Recruiter

10-18-2012

I play this game because I enjoy it, its unique, but when I see something like this, it reminds me of all the other game's I've played before.
And thing's like this have ruined it for me, like, rental ward skin's? Really?
If I'm going to spend money on this game, I would like it to be permanent.
I'm not going to buy a rental skin, so I'm not going to buy a rental skin for wards, either.

Xenîth

10-18-2012

At first I thought this would have been a neat idea. But seriously, limited time? I thought Riot was unlike the other F2P companies that force players to continuously buy ( like a lot of shooters that you spend to have temporary special weapons) to enjoy the game.

I clearly thought wrong, I am extremely disappointed.

FrankyCentaur

10-18-2012

Quote:
Hippalus:
The goal here is not to have ghosts and bats popping up all over Summoner's Rift all year round. It is a Harrowing/Shadow Isles promotion to add a new element to the event and help us understand how players like and use ward skins.

Well, not buying them now. I've loved all your ideas thus far, and you're a great employee for Riot, but this one was just terrible. Why would I ever pay for something that goes away?

Here's the thing. It doesn't take a genius to think of an idea that you know, goes around the "problem" you pointed out-

Answer: I used pumpkin wards, only I see them as pumpkin wards. That way, it won't mess with anyone's love for regular wards or what not. This is the first thing you've done that seems like a cash-grab.

rwlnd

10-18-2012

you should be able to buy these and keep them for acouple months each year

Ikruti

10-18-2012

At first I was really excited, then I read that they last only a week. Horrible idea. Sure, they're really cheap, but I'd be willing to pay a bit more if it was permanent.

Leib Olmai

10-18-2012

Quote:
Hippalus:
If players like the concept of ward skins, the longer term plan would likely be to have permanent ward skins year round plus lower cost rentals for the holidays. This is an experiment with a new type of content and it doesn't make sense to offer permanent non-holiday ward skins until we see if players use and enjoy it.

I like the idea, but I won't buy any of those BECAUSE YOU ARE GREEDY AS HELL.

This is the most stupid idea Riot EVER had to make something NOT PERMANENT.

The reason why Riot is awesome is because EVERYTHING IS PERMANENT when you buy it.

Wake up.

Zeiitgeist

10-18-2012

why dont we all forget about buying ward skins and you just implement them to the game until the holiday passes?

Xam Nozid

10-18-2012

Quote:
Hippalus:
If players like the concept of ward skins, the longer term plan would likely be to have permanent ward skins year round plus lower cost rentals for the holidays. This is an experiment with a new type of content and it doesn't make sense to offer permanent non-holiday ward skins until we see if players use and enjoy it.

What do you mean it doesn't make sense rofl. Can't you tell if players like a certain skin/etc by checking the sales of the item.. If an item has high sales, then obviously people will like the ward skins. This also could have been accomplished by creating a forum poll asking for people's opinions...