Ward Skins Coming Soon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Baron Bodacious

10-18-2012

Only one week? Is there an option to unlock them permanently?
I'd rather not drop cash on a rental.

Edit: And by rather not I mean I wont at all. That's why I stopped playing games like Maplestory and Gunbound years ago.

Labomba

10-18-2012

And other players will see the skin as well I assume?

PriorityOne

10-18-2012

Limited time? Ew.

Akkku

10-18-2012

800IP for a week.....nah. Already too hard to get IP when you dont play fifty games a day.

CarpeDezNuts

10-18-2012

Dissapointed they are permanent.

IS11d6327cb35cafc124891

10-18-2012

800 ip for a week ward skin ? seriouly? riot is gonna do this fking scam purchasable content that have limited time ?

ok if it goes live i definitivly quit lol. sorry, but i'm not a sheep or a cow.

Yaddar

10-18-2012

QUESTION:

Lets Say I buy a skin ward on a Monday... but I fitst activate it on Saturday.... will it expire on the next Monday or until the next Saturday?

because you know, what If I want to buy all 5 wards skins but use one each week for the following 5 weeks?

wouldn't 4 of my wards expire after the first week?

what if I choose not to activate them until later?

it'd be AMAZING if the costed the double of IP/RP but they were permanent, after all, they are limited edition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
It always lasts 7 days from when you buy it, and our expectation is that most people will buy a week before Halloween and use the ward skins through the holiday.
... I'm sorry then, it is a terrible idea. shame, I really, really, REALLY liked them. thank you but no thank you.

Quote:
The goal here is not to have ghosts and bats popping up all over Summoner's Rift all year round. It is a Harrowing/Shadow Isles promotion to add a new element to the event and help us understand how players like and use ward skins.

with all due respect.. we are having zombie brands, zombie ryzes, bewitching nedalees, frankentibbers, pumpinkheads fiddles, kitty kat katarinas, running around SR ALL YEAR ROUND and it's JUST FINE

same as we are having Festive Maokais, santa gragas, chinesse year's kog maws, independence day Ryze, karth and anivia, snowmerdingers, curling veigars, vancouver kassadins, striker ezreals etc.
all year round and it's GREAT

you want to understand how players like them and use them (the ward skins)?

we like them well enough for you make them permanent.

we don't like them well enough to be rented at us.

there is your answer.

you have the tools to make a pool on GD if you don't believe me. (I don't know why you didn't asked for our opinion in the first place, after al, we are the ones spending the RP here)

Quote:
and I feel sorry for the people who doesn't log into the forums/doesn't understand english at 100% and will buy them and give riot their RP/IP only to have them expire after a week because they never log into the formus/they don't understand english at 100% and they were never informed.

From the GD thread:

Quote:
but I hope to still gather enough data and feedback to help us decide if ward skins should become a permanent or temporary part of the game going forward.

Ward skins should become a permanent part of the game.

Rentals on the other hand, NO.

---------------------------------
if we want Ward skins to be permanent and we purchase them, we will be also -by default- voting in favor of rentals. -- fail
if we don't "buy" the ward skins because they are at rental, you will not push the ward skins permanently int the game because it'd seem ward skins aren't worth it. -- fail

that's a HUGE flaw in the experiment.

why don't you just make them permanent and let us vote with our money? - make both permanent and rent options aviable. (at reasonable prices, not to force us to choose rent!) then count the money from each one of the two options.

Radiolead

10-18-2012

Why do the prices vary so much? One is 75 RP and another is nearly the price of a brand new champion. Plus, don't you think 800 RP for something that lasts only a week is, y'know, a bit much? They're really cool, but...

Edit: Oh, reread OP, and saw that they were a mix of RP and IP (should be more clear I think but that's my fault). That explains the gap better. Still, don't like the whole one week deal. If they were more expensive but permanent, they'd be much more appealing.

Taiven

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

I think this is an awesome idea! However..... I really wish they were permanent.... I REALLY don't like "rental" type things in video games. It's so annoying.

Riot pls.

I'd be willing to pay much more for a perm unlock of these...

Maxnormal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

**** you, Riot. I would have given you money for these stupid little vision *****s that only your team or someone with oracles can see, but not if they're impermanent.

**** you.