Ward Skins Coming Soon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flana Scarlet

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 52oreoz View Post
Damn i really liked that angel ward but now i guess it's not worth it
I feel the same way. I could stock up on a years worth, but that's 1300 RP. I'd buy a permanent skin, even for a good deal of RP, but not when I have no gaurentuee I can even stock up again next year.

I'd rather just have a permanent choice and a rental choice. Try it and see if you like it, then unlock it permanently for more. But I can't really get behind a temp skin.

Leib Olmai

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
The goal here is not to have ghosts and bats popping up all over Summoner's Rift all year round. It is a Harrowing/Shadow Isles promotion to add a new element to the event and help us understand how players like and use ward skins.
They are there only for a limited time. Seriously I like the idea of ward skins but you MESSED UP REAL BAD with this one. They are like LIMITED SKIN. Do you see the old Halloween skin in every game ? NO.

Quote:
It always lasts 7 days from when you buy it, and our expectation is that most people will buy a week before Halloween and use the ward skins through the holiday.
No seriously. You just messed up solid. just admit it. I almost want to be mean to you. You broke my heart.

Skin price for a year :

Deadfall Ward - 10400 IP
Haunting Ward - 41600 IP
Tomb Angel Ward - 1300 IP
Widow Ward - 3900 RP
Bat-O-Lantern Ward - 8580 RP

ARE YOU SERIOUS ?
God..

Why do you hate us so much ?

OH NO ITS LU BU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerfaust View Post
I bought a candy bar the other day...

it didn't last.
I bought a toy car, 30 years ago, it still works.

Nigrontis

10-18-2012

Horrible idea. Spending real life money in something that will only last a week? Sorry Riot, this is a terribly bad decision and look how you community has responded!

ProfDrDeath

10-18-2012

Hippalus, temporary is a bad, BAD idea here, but I understand your point of not wanting it popping up the whole year. So, I'd like to suggest possible compromises:

First:
If I buy a ward skin, I can activate/deactivate it anytime, if I wanted to. However, after the period that I bought it for, it only works for my own client, other people would see normal wards.

Second:
Same as above, but instead of possessing a time limit, it possesses a "Season Limit". You at Riot would activate "Season X" Mode, where your ward skins would be visible for everyone and not just yourself.

a team mate

10-18-2012

Not permanent? sorry, Riot. No money for you.

Spitsonpuppies

10-18-2012

Is this really the best idea you have?

IS13613a993e2bf3fac1073

10-18-2012

Quote:
It always lasts 7 days from when you buy it, and our expectation is that most people will buy a week before Halloween and use the ward skins through the holiday.
EU account is called blayne(in case you dont believe what i say here), ive spend a few thousand euros on skins on my and friends accounts. Currently have well over 300 skins on my main i think. I can promise you i know of nobody that will give you a single penny for something thats not permanent.... i know i wont and im one of them major spenders

Pharaoh316

10-18-2012

Quote:
If players like the concept of ward skins, the longer term plan would likely be to have permanent ward skins year round plus lower cost rentals for the holidays. This is an experiment with a new type of content and it doesn't make sense to offer permanent non-holiday ward skins until we see if players use and enjoy it.

.........i don't recall riot experimenting with temporary holiday skins on characters before

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilsd View Post
Why would I want to buy it with RP when it will disappear after one week?

WHY NOT MAKE IT PERMANENT THING THAT IS EXACTLY LIKE A CHAMP SKIN?

This is where riot is trying to "MILK" the community of what they have.

Seriously think twice next time, then I wouldn't be so offended.
They aren't trying to "milk" you of anything. They are temporary, so what? NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO BUY THEM. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Speak with your money, but there is no real reason to be offended. Clearly Riot is just trying to feel what players like and dislike, so good for them!