Ward Skins Coming Soon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sumer333

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
The goal here is not to have ghosts and bats popping up all over Summoner's Rift all year round. It is a Harrowing/Shadow Isles promotion to add a new element to the event and help us understand how players like and use ward skins.
WHAT THE ****?? That's completely contradictory to what you're offering. You CAN have these for a full year like you advertised FOR THE RIGHT PRICE, so how the **** can you say that's not one of your intentions? **** off and don't treat us like morons.

OH NO ITS LU BU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

I dislike the temporary nature of this. It's been tried in many other F2P's to poor effect. I don't see why you'd care what skin I have on wards year round if I am allowed to use a Christmas skin or a harrowing skin year round.

FrankyCentaur

10-18-2012

Well screw that. No way in HELL am I paying for something that goes away after a week. 200 RP?

I'd rather wait till a champ is on sale and get them for 400+RP and keep them forever. That's just... sickening.

BottomBoy

10-18-2012

Quote:
The goal here is not to have ghosts and bats popping up all over Summoner's Rift all year round. It is a Harrowing/Shadow Isles promotion to add a new element to the event and help us understand how players like and use ward skins.

You don't want to have people to use them ALL YEAR ROUND?

But you can STOCK up to a YEAR? OMFG HIPPA. Go look in the mirror.

So smart of you *Claps*

MissEerie

10-18-2012

I was excited to spend IP or even a hefty amount of RP for a permanent ward skin, but temporary for a week? I wouldn't even waste my left over RP for it, since I just add on to my RP when I see a skin I like and the left over RP I have will end up helping me pay for it. I don't see the worth in this at all. I would strongly reconsider making it permanent Riot, you'd make bank and you have your community here telling you that they wouldn't mind spending a heavier RP price.

I mean... besides the point... who gets to see my ward anyway? Besides my team? Enemy team is just gonna look at it for a second and kill it... :C

Veracious Embers

10-18-2012

i dont understand. you can buy a years worth but they only last 7 days? does the time stack?

Xam Nozid

10-18-2012

Quote:
It always lasts 7 days from when you buy it, and our expectation is that most people will buy a week before Halloween and use the ward skins through the holiday.
Juding from these downvotes, it looks like many people do not like this idea. Another thing, why couldn't you make a poll on the forum to ask the players about the opinions of wards skins being permanent? I really doubt this was your reasoning and if it was, you have done a poor job as you can see from the downvotes.

Stormblind

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bland View Post
Well, to be quite honest, this does NOT seem to be your goal...
Otherwise you would not be able to buy a YEAR worth of ward skins.
Although I don't really ever complain; and have spent a ridiculous amount of money on this game... This.

The only way I will be purchasing any ward skins is with IP or permanent RP based ones.

The current offering feels insulting TBH. :-/

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RäptorJesus View Post
spend RP and they don't last. :|
I bought a candy bar the other day...

it didn't last.

Maleficant

10-18-2012

Quote:
But Harrowing champ skins popping up year round is fine?

I think the goal here is to get people to purchase a product you are offering. Offering that product as only a rental is NOT the way to achieve that goal, as you can probably tell from this immediate backlash.

Make the ward skins limited edition, but permanent like you do with the champ skins. You'll rake in the money.