Ward Skins Coming Soon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wPCPdBBvAF

10-18-2012

Was excited about ward skins.

Until now.

LordQuinton

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

I thought you were cool riot

I thought we were bros

Cryswar

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
The goal here is not to have ghosts and bats popping up all over Summoner's Rift all year round. It is a Harrowing/Shadow Isles promotion to add a new element to the event and help us understand how players like and use ward skins.
Look, I'm just going to be blunt here - you went about this in the most horrendously terrible possible way short of just instabanning people.

Spending RP, or a fair chunk of IP, for TEMPORARY ward skins is the dumbest possible way to test how people want to do this stuff. If you'd given me the option to spend 500-1000RP to get a ward skin that I can use forever? Honestly, I probably would have bought several of these - I love spiders, I'm a dedicated support who wards CONSTANTLY, and I'd love to see some difference going down.

With this money-grubbing failstorm... I won't be wasting any RP on them. At most, maybe enough IP to test the IP ones. Once.

TSD Gimpy

10-18-2012

This makes no sense. " We don't want ghosts popping up everywhere" What about last years Halloween skins, people still have them. Why can't it be the same for these? They're skins too.

The Specia1ist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

sorry Hippalus this is fail and will be downvoted into oblivion

alawiiee

10-18-2012

haha, why is haunting ward so expensive?

Heartlis

10-18-2012

A good idea ruined

My guess is NA isn't really the target market, alot of Asian developers have temp items and I'm guessing that's where Riot will make their money.

Also 800 IP for a 1 week ward skin is absolutely insane

DavidCameron

10-18-2012

Fantastic idea, terrible implementation.

Vadè

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
The goal here is not to have ghosts and bats popping up all over Summoner's Rift all year round. It is a Harrowing/Shadow Isles promotion to add a new element to the event and help us understand how players like and use ward skins.
Based off the response of this post many players like the ward skins but no one will pay **** for temps. People in a video game community don't want to pay real money for a rental, thats like saying if you buy a skin its available to you for a a year... There is your understanding of how the players feel about ward skins.

Bendak

10-18-2012

Edit: You can't wait to activate your wards.

They automatically activate themselves.

So I can't buy a ward skin now and use it over Halloween week. I have to either wait until that week comes, or buy numerous weeks of skins.

Lovely.