Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ward Skins Coming Soon

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raptamei

10-18-2012

- Pay-to-hire content.
- More expensive "almost legendary!" release skins.
- Few discounts on older champions, no discounts on older skins (to the contrary, they get removed so they become valuable collector's items!).
- Fewer release skins in order to "ensure a consistent high quality" -> Wildfire Zyra, Death Blossom Elise.
- Constant balance changes and a very rigid meta ensuring your champions have a half-life of about 3 months and you have to keep buying new ones.
- Oh, and of course the 6300-only thing.

This game is going from expensive to unaffordable.

I suspect Riot knows they will lose the newbie vote once Dota 2 hits with all heroes unlocked for free from the start, so they're aiming to squeeze money out of veteran players.

ProfessorFeedMD

10-18-2012

This is pathetic. Thoroughly disapointed in you, Riot.

MetalGuitarist

10-18-2012

Quote:
Hippalus:
The goal here is not to have ghosts and bats popping up all over Summoner's Rift all year round. It is a Harrowing/Shadow Isles promotion to add a new element to the event and help us understand how players like and use ward skins.

That would make sense, except that you included the option of stock piling them and using them all year if you buy enough. You need to drastically lower the price or make them permanent at a higher cost.

Bendak

Recruiter

10-18-2012

I'm going to buy some and wait until next summer to use them.

#occupyriot

zzn010

10-18-2012

one week that sucks

Adroitest

10-18-2012

All these downvotes, guess no one likes temporary skins. hinthint

IS13613a993e2bf3fac1073

10-18-2012

I normally have nothing bad to say about riot... but this is bad. extremely bad
im guessing not making this permanent is going to make a LOT of players not buy them. i know i wont, why pay for something that only lasts a week :S not even worth the ip and i say that while sittign on 26k of it unspend on my eu account

Fulgorre

10-18-2012

well forget that not buying these now. guess i get to save some ip.

Xam Nozid

10-18-2012

So it's okay for halloween skins to pop up all year round but bad for halloween wards to be visible all year round.. NO one will really pay attention to the details of the ward while being in game. But the person with the skin will have the satisfaction of having a skin and being different from others, putting RIot profit wise and the players in a win win situation.

I will not even spend one ip/rp on these ward skins, and I am pretty sure others will not too.

Yaddar

10-18-2012

Quote:
Hippalus:
The goal here is not to have ghosts and bats popping up all over Summoner's Rift all year round. It is a Harrowing/Shadow Isles promotion to add a new element to the event and help us understand how players like and use ward skins.

with all due respect.. we are having zombie brands zombie ryzes bewitching nedalees frankentibbers, pumpinkheads fiddles ALL YEAR ROUND and its JUST FINE

same as we are havin Festive Maokais, santa gragas, chinesse year's kog maws, independence day Ryze, karth and anivia, snowmerdingers, etc.

you want to understand how players like them and use them?

we like them well enough fot you make them permanent.

we don't like them well enough to be rented at us.

there is your answer