Ward Skins Coming Soon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chaoticon

10-29-2012

No one wants to spend time or money on something DIGITAL that only lasts TEMPORARY. This is like when KRPG devs charge retarded amounts of money for "respecs" and "upgrades stones/scrolls". The item has a chance to break or fail even when using real money for the item. When you level up the item will becomes useless anyways and money was again wasted. Yet they wonder why people hack and or iapcracker "inapppurchases". Derp, NO ONE wants to spend $2-10 for something that is temporary.

If you wanted this to be a fun and holiday specific thing and not about being greedy you would make all the ward skins available to everyone to choose one during the holiday. Otherwise add an option to make it permanent. Temporary is anti-fun.

KevT 66

10-29-2012

why are some rp an others ip? and why should some be more expensive then others? also why cant they be permanent like champ skins? Riot, this makes no sense..fail.

DaedricChampion

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPatches View Post
Well since I'm getting downvoted anyway.

First

**** all you nooby sheep children. Sona, Eve and Rengar deserves all the nerfs they are getting.

Katarina is overpowered too.

Dominion is superior to summoners rift.

Anyone who plays Darius is terrible human being.

**** Teemo and everyone who plays him.

AD carries are underpowered.

Xin Zhao is overpowered.

Kha'Zix is overpowered.

Jarvan, Trundle and Renekton don't need buffs. If you think so you are retarded.

Woong didn't actually cheat. TSM just fails at this game.
only comment that isn't bull****

L2P Mate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2012

Lmao. $66 to rent Bat-O-Lantern ward for a year. Good one Riot.

psdjklgfuiob

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
The goal here is not to have ghosts and bats popping up all over Summoner's Rift all year round. It is a Harrowing/Shadow Isles promotion to add a new element to the event and help us understand how players like and use ward skins.
I was the 600th downvote.

StickyStallion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2012

riot- im going to run a short term test to see if ward skins work.
well then why can you buy them up 2 a year. and why are they priced so high
why wouldnt u make the wards cheaper so u could get more people to participate in the test?

Primalchrome

11-02-2012

For the record, I will probably spend 25RP or so on ward skins just so see what they look like. That being said, I am not a proponent of rentable items. I'd rather spend an up front amount of money for a skin that I know I can use at any time in the future. Heck, I'd pay 1000 or 1500RP for a permanent ward skin....but I'm not going to pay that much to rent it for a year.

Briseide

11-20-2012

one week? Make it three months

TheRelentlessOne

12-08-2012

Bring the angel ward skins back please! C'mon those even kinda fit for Christmas. Seriously though Riot, the excuse of not wanting to see Halloween stuff all year long is a pretty thin and lame excuse. There are plenty of people that clearly want these ward skins permanent so why can you not give your customers what they want?

Zoeri

06-18-2013

roflmao. no offense guys they are a rip. buuuuuuut riot is doing this as a simulationg to see what the general public likes. so even if your not buying a years worth. pick your favorite buy ONE. its just like a poll. that it not ripping off. its yo which ward skin is da bomb. but the pricces are rip off.