Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ward Skins Coming Soon

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JJ Unbreakable

10-26-2012

I guess I'm what you'd call a "whale", so the following questions and comments may only be relevant to me and not the majority.

If I buy 1 of each ward skin (5), does that I have 5 weeks worth, or do they all tick down starting from the same time, meaning all 5 would only last for 7 days?
Same question, if I have 52 weeks of Deadfall Wards and 52 weeks of Bat-o-lanterns, would they both expire after a year or is that 2 years worth?

I understand that this is special occasion promo stuff and people shouldn't be sitting on 5 years worth of Halloween 2012 content with ghosts flying around 24/7 but I like the customisation and ward skins have a wow factor and is a way to set apart from the crowd especially since they're limited. (But you already know this)

I guess I'd feel more at ease if I knew more ward skins were coming in the next year or two. Any idea if that'll happen?

zombie pederast

10-26-2012

CLEARLY someone caved and let a bean counter ruin a great idea. who the hell wants wards for a week? you idiots. So... what is it? i mean the pay off. someone gets a new yacht or what? greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedy

Tetryst

10-26-2012

Hippalus I'm sorry you've been relentlessly downvoted for this. In theory it should be a good idea, but you have to realize a lot of your customers have the collector mentality -- they want to own all the content. Even if you sold these ward skins and made them unavailable every month except October you'd get more sales than you do by renting them. It doesn't help that these are being released simultaneously with a brand new map that !!! doesn't allow wards.

Personally I would buy them if they were permanent, even at around 975 RP, but am not touching these rentals.

Tetryst

10-26-2012

Quote:
420jon420:
Riot found a new pit for people to toss their money into. What are they gona start renting champions and skins? I figured I'd test the wards out and rented one for a week. Not showing up in game, waste of 200 IP.

after buying them, in the shop, a little box should show up. click that so there's an X there and you're using the new skin. Hope that helps.

PalinMajere

10-26-2012

Quote:
Hippalus:
The weeks stack for each type of ward skin. So if you buy two weeks of Deadfall wards on October 24, it will cost 400 IP and last you through November 7.

ok what if i unselect them and use default will my time be saved until i use them again?
or do they last for thier alotted time whether i use them or not once i purchase them?

L33tT4rd

10-26-2012

This is a good idea in theory but highly flawed and poorly executed within in-game. Hope Riot learns from this.

noobsRpeopleTOO

10-27-2012

this sounds like it will only tick time from the selected ward however I bough tomb angel and deadfall yesterday and selected deadfall, yet today I am missing a days time from both ward types?
if it takes time from all the ward types why would anyone want to purchase more than one type?

Hellsaw

10-27-2012

well thats a loss. . . I just bought the weeklys with IP and now they are going to expire the same time. . . man I sure do like temp items.

guess I got more of a trick then a treat this Halloween.

XunicorntwinkleX

10-27-2012

i cant decide if i should blow my money on this or pulsfire ez

Kcrâsh

10-29-2012

Personally I like the ward skin idea, there are a lot of people I know who have a **** load of IP.

They own all champs, all runes, so essentially they have nothing to spend it on. Now they do, I am looking forward to more Ward Skins coming out in the future.