Ward Skins Coming Soon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skkyte

10-26-2012

Riot let me explain something. People like the ward idea. What they dont like is that you are making them temporary. I get that you dont want the skins showing up all year but people want to own them for good. If people want to only use the skins during the holidays then they probably will. But the fact that you are making them only last for a week will drive people away from them and sales will be alot lower than you thought. The downvotes speak for themselves.

kalotopinz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

I would totally buy RP for these. if they were perminent, not wasting money on this though, it is a joke imo.

Waniwa

10-26-2012

There's too many pages to read through, so if someone who knows could explain me really fast.
IF i buy, for example, 1 of each ward skin, they will all activate at the same time? After purchase?
So they would all expire at the same time as well?

If that's so, then i guess i wont be buying them. That's stupid. You should be able to atleast activate them yourself.
I dont want 5 wards to be running at the same time. As I can only use 1 skin at a time,
i should be able to activate only 1 skin (week counter) at the time as well.

L33tT4rd

10-26-2012

WHAT?! You can only use one at a time? I can maybe see how you could only use one type of say, Sight Wards at a time, but you can't pick 1 Vision and 1 Sight?!?!

Riot, please fix this.

420jon420

10-26-2012

Riot found a new pit for people to toss their money into. What are they gona start renting champions and skins? I figured I'd test the wards out and rented one for a week. Not showing up in game, waste of 200 IP.

Arkrothe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

And i thought Riot games was an ethically awesome company, what with a free to play game and decisions that were mostly in the player's favor. Spending money for something temporary is just as bad as subscription based stuff.

Riot, i did not expect this from you ಠ_ಠ

Sedlol

10-26-2012

This has got to be the most half brained idea I have ever seen come out of Riot. I have never felt the need to post about issues in this game because they were so minor but this idea just doesn't seem to have been thought out. I can see wanting to test ward skins out by making them temporary, but making them so expensive just doesn't make sense to me. But whatever. I have IP that I don't have anything to do with so I spent 1000 IP on the sight/vision ward skins and then I come to find out that I can only use one skin at a time? For lack of better words. This is retarded. I seriously hope Riot takes all the feedback from the community and improves this feature, because it has SO much potential. I would have NO problem spending RP on ward skins if they were permanent and I could use more than one at a time.

I had such high hope for this feature.

orbofdarkness

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33tT4rd View Post
WHAT?! You can only use one at a time? I can maybe see how you could only use one type of say, Sight Wards at a time, but you can't pick 1 Vision and 1 Sight?!?!

Riot, please fix this.
didn't read this and did the same mistake ftl

Doc Vulpix

10-26-2012

can we at least get an ETA on permanent ward skins? I don't want to buy 52 weeks of the cheapest skin if I can pay a bit more for permanent ones in 4 weeks...

Edit: Anyone else noticed that the ward skins aren't refundable?

Undercover Urf

Recruiter

10-26-2012

why not just change the ward skins for the holidays to encourage more people to play? you need a player base before they'll spend cash. Come on what happened to the fun Riot who didn't milk their players?