Ward Skins Coming Soon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aurauri

10-24-2012

I know everyone's gotten a lot of this but I probably wont buy into the temporary ward skins, as I do not like that kind of thing, however temporary ward skins for the holiday is a alright idea for those who like it. What I am upset about is the fact that you are deciding based on the sale of these temporary items whether or not to add similar items of a permanent nature, that just seems like silly backwards logic to me. If you put just one permanent ward skin for sale as a test model to see if people like it I am sure you would get much better results. On the other hand if you simply read more than half the comments in this forum I am sure you can save the time it would take to make said test skin and go right into making them, there is clearly a demand for permanent ward skins. As the business it is up to you whether you wish to create the supply.

BigDmac

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurauri View Post
I know everyone's gotten a lot of this but I probably wont buy into the temporary ward skins, as I do not like that kind of thing, however temporary ward skins for the holiday is a alright idea for those who like it. What I am upset about is the fact that you are deciding based on the sale of these temporary items whether or not to add similar items of a permanent nature, that just seems like silly backwards logic to me. If you put just one permanent ward skin for sale as a test model to see if people like it I am sure you would get much better results. On the other hand if you simply read more than half the comments in this forum I am sure you can save the time it would take to make said test skin and go right into making them, there is clearly a demand for permanent ward skins. As the business it is up to you whether you wish to create the supply.
This thread isnt even that big. Its only like 134 pages. Do you know how many more people play this game that are going to buy those skins and not care? I can guarantee you probably 90% of these people in here only have part time jobs or are in school or dont have a job at all. Buying a years worth of ward skins is cheaper than going to mcdonalds.

Tayarayne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDmac View Post
These threads are filled with a handful of raging people when in reality millions of people are still going to buy these..I
And many more millions will not. The forums represent only the tiniest fraction of the player base but the percentages probably are not that far off. The majority of the community would probably purchase a ward skin pack if it was permanent. 200-300 rp for all the skins on a permanent basis. I still think however these promos should be free, ESPECIALLY if temporary. It really is a huge, GREEDY, middle finger to the player base...

Saint Gotcha

10-24-2012

Quote:
Buying a years worth of ward skins is cheaper than going to mcdonalds
Dude if you're eating 60$ worth of McDonalds for lunch then you have other problems besides worrying about temp ward skins lol. Temp game elements is why alot of the free games fail..hoping Riot doesnt go that route and learns from their summoner base in the forums.

BigDmac

Recruiter

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumbottle View Post
Dude if you're eating 60$ worth of McDonalds for lunch then you have other problems besides worrying about temp ward skins lol. Temp game elements is why alot of the free games fail..hoping Riot doesnt go that route and learns from their summoner base in the forums.
Of course your going to be that guy that takes the most expensive ward for the example. But 1300 Rp is the cost for the cheapest skins for a whole year. $10 worth is 1380.

Also people dont evne have to pay for skins, they can use RP. They even gave a 48 hour ip boost after they released this info. No one honestly has a reason to complain. And if they are doing these for haloween, then more than likely christmas ones are going to come out right around the corner as well.

And to you comment about eating $60 of mcdonalds for lunch. Im not even the one worrying about these wards. I think its fantastic and im going to get 10 weeks worth of each. They told you that you can stock up for a reason. Its all going to come down to if you dont want them then dont buy them, but you cant complain about something they dont even have to do for the players.

BigDmac

Recruiter

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayarayne View Post
And many more millions will not. The forums represent only the tiniest fraction of the player base but the percentages probably are not that far off. The majority of the community would probably purchase a ward skin pack if it was permanent. 200-300 rp for all the skins on a permanent basis. I still think however these promos should be free, ESPECIALLY if temporary. It really is a huge, GREEDY, middle finger to the player base...
Do you know how many people have 100~ give or take riot points left over with nothing to spend it on? you act like riot is making you go out and buy RP. you already gave them your money. This is something you can use the leftover RP you have for the season. Its not them being greedy its the handful of players that think they are entitled to everything.

Saint Gotcha

10-24-2012

Quote:
Its not them being greedy its the handful of players that think they are entitled to everything.
You mean right after Riot upgrade their shop to now accomodate 100$ RP purchases? I just might have a few hundred RP laying around i'd rather put towards "air" than another char maybe? It's the "handful of players"? is based on what notion..you're guess at a random # with no educational background or the total concept that the "players" pay Riots bill? THEY are the ones who is THEY dont like it...DONT BUY IT >> AT ALL>>>THEY GO AWAY TO A FREE GAME WITH PERM CHIT IN IT<<<GET IT? It's a selling test to see if ideots like yourself are foolish enough to pay for temp stuff...apparently you are.

Kettlingr

10-24-2012

If they did a permanent skin for more, I'd buy into it. Hell this week I blew $25 in RP, and I think the summoner icon is a neat idea as a perk to paying into the system.

But I'm still not paying a single dime to rent a ward skin. I'm not renting anything in this game, I really dislike that system. The outrage they're hearing in the thread is because people actually do enjoy buying things, but if Riot changes to a "pay to rent" system instead of a "pay to buy" system, they're going to lose a ton of business, and the player base is warning them of that.

OT here, but I'm also totally okay with legacy skins. I think that's a neat way to offer limited edition items people will oogle for. Again, then end to that system is you get to use what you paid for indefinitely. In fact, I'd be okay with them switching to a legacy only skins idea. That would be cool with me.

BigDmac

Recruiter

10-24-2012

Everyone with this whole "pay to rent" idea. Its a ****in ward skin. No ones complained about it in the past 3 years. The second they come out with it with the INTENTION of it being a seasonal thing. A red post even stated they dont want to make it permanent cause they dont want bats and ghosts and stuff arounf all year from EVERYONE. They gave you a chance to stock up. If you guys dont want it then dont buy it. they are still going to make a ton of money. And no im not guessing at any random number. I know for a fact every single one of my friends and clan member have a unspendable worth amount of RP leftover from a previous RP purchase. And i like how you can say i have no educational background when you dont even know me. Guess what sir, business owners like me with degrees play this game along with people like you. And once again ill go to the fact they are not forcing you to even use RP there are wards for sale for IP as well. And they were oh so generous of giving you a 48 hour double IP boost. 2 first wins of the day just payed for a month of wards.

You act like they are going to take away all your skins. This is then throwing in a fun little thing in the game. How about they dont even do it at all. No matter what they do.You people are always going to **** on them. It happens with every succesful game. Theres always the players with bad attitudes.

Saint Gotcha

10-24-2012

Quote:
every succesful game
Educational tip: spelling check is free :P