Ward Skins Coming Soon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TRussianBook

Recruiter

10-18-2012

so you cant buy them... they are rentals... nice try riot.. no way, only i buys things I can haves.

Wintersfall

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Wait so this is a temporary skin?
Ok that is pretty lame Riot.

NebulaRed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Sorry Riot, but there's no chance I'll be spending anything on something that's not permanent - it sucks too, I really liked this idea at first...

nexVereor

10-18-2012

Damn i really liked that angel ward but now i guess it's not worth it

Bendak

10-18-2012

Only one week? Really? 800 IP for a one-week rental?

Ward skins seemed really cool. Trust Riot to screw it up by making them only last a single week apiece.

What's next, skin rentals? BUY THIS NEW SKIN FOR THE MONTH OF DECEMBER ONLY!

#occupyriot

TSD Gimpy

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
The goal here is not to have ghosts and bats popping up all over Summoner's Rift all year round. It is a Harrowing/Shadow Isles promotion to add a new element to the event and help us understand how players like and use ward skins.
then why not make the ghosts and bats temporary and make the tomb angels permanent?

Darkness4910

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
The goal here is not to have ghosts and bats popping up all over Summoner's Rift all year round. It is a Harrowing/Shadow Isles promotion to add a new element to the event and help us understand how players like and use ward skins.
Players like customization, but players don't like to have to pay for limited customization.

Bakabridget

10-18-2012

remove the rp cost and make all of them really cheap ip costs if they're only going to be temporary. I'm not paying real money for a temporary virtual item.

Gobbledy

10-18-2012

I would rather pay a much higher price for permanent ward skins than cheap and temporary ones. How disappointing. ;c I was so excited about them, too.

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

10-18-2012
4 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaddar View Post
QUESTION:

Lets Say I buy a skin ward on a Monday... but I first activate it on Saturday.... will it expire on the next Monday or until the next Saturday?

because you know, what If I want to buy all 5 wards skins but use one each week for the following 5 weeks?

wouldn't 4 of my wards expire after the first week?

what if I choose not to activate them until later?
It always lasts 7 days from when you buy it, and our expectation is that most people will buy a week before Halloween and use the ward skins through the holiday.