Ward Skins Coming Soon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Craptain

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
The goal here is not to have ghosts and bats popping up all over Summoner's Rift all year round. It is a Harrowing/Shadow Isles promotion to add a new element to the event and help us understand how players like and use ward skins.
Is that right?

Quote:
You can keep up to a yearís worth (52 weeks) of ward skins in your inventory at a time, so donít hesitate to stock up if you have a favorite.
So not the goal... unless we want to spend more money for it to be the goal. Then its goaltastic.

A better way of testing out how we as a community "like" ward skins would be to provide one vision, and one sight ward skin for free, and see how many people take the time to activate and use them.

Beertaster

10-20-2012

well you can spend 10,400 IP for a year's worth of the tree ward, which is actually kinda cool.
and/or
spend 1300 RP for a year's worth of the statue ward.

If you spend $10, then you can buy a year of the statue ward with 80rp (the bonus RP) left over.

Now this isn't the permanent thing that we all want it to be, but I ask you, would you pay for this?

RekoHunter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2012

Riot I absolutely demand you make these skins permanent! Not for any reason listed before! Those are all lame and entitled! There is a spider ward in there! My friend I play with is terrified of spiders! I must be able to scare the living hell out of him every game we play! Forever!

Ãstounding

10-20-2012

temporary? no thank you that's just bogus.

ThunderZZZZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2012

no thanks riot.

R2D2 Bot

10-20-2012

Hippalaus, If you want to make them only just for halloweed period, make them free to use during this period only. Otherwise, sell them for permanent use. The terms RP and temporal are never going to get along. That is just too greedy IMO.

LordNer0

10-20-2012

Greedy level: Riot

ZG Million

10-20-2012

I didn't know there was a way you could ruin the idea of ward skins.

moomerator

10-20-2012

So when people see skins they assume you're an expert with the champion... will these make people fear my warding skills, or just make me look like a rich nerd? Answer: rich nerd

petraArk

10-20-2012

i think this is a great idea! very cool. im a girl true to heart, love shopping and love variety. thanks riot