Ward Skins Coming Soon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

THEMathKid98

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2012

Boycott please. We need to show Riot that temporary content is not fine. It should be permanent or a one week "rental" after which it will become permanent OR be REFUNDED.

Elly Honda

10-19-2012

while i absolutely LOVE the idea of ward skins, them being temporary is really a problem for me.
I'd much rather be willing to shell out about $2.00-5.00 worth of RP, or 2,000 IP for a ward skin to stick around with me for good. I understand about the season thing, though, so I'm excited and waiting patiently for you guys to release more "all season friendly" ward skins for me to purchase. And since the season thing is a bit of a concern, the Halloween/Christmas ones should be available for maybe 2 months before they expire, or "20 games", instead of just a measly week.

At least a month lol

thanks, Riot. Love you guys.

KuroMau5

10-19-2012

If they were perm: Holy ermahgerd yes will buy

As they are now: Pffft not a chance in HELL guys.

I guess I have to ask Riot, how many non-permanent champion skins have you sold? Uh huh. And how many Permanent ones? Well OK then.

ohlookyourdead

10-19-2012

As a main support player I think the idea of ward skins is awesometastic! I just want the skins to last longer than an average highschool relationship....

UPVOTE THIS AND LET'S GET TIME LIMITS REMOVED FROM SKIN WARDS. A SKIN IS A SKIN AND MY ARCADE SONA SKIN ISN'T GOING AWAY WHY SHOULD WARD SKINS?

EDIT 1: @Hippalus YOU SAY THIS IS A NEW CONCEPT, ARE YOU NEW TO LEAGUE OF LEGENDS? SKINS ARE NOT A NEW IDEA. FACE THE FACT YOUR SALES DEPARTMENT THOUGHT IT WOULD BE CUTE TO MAKE US PAY MULTIPLE TIMES FOR SOMETHING WE WANT. IF THE GOAL WAS TO LOOK LIKE GREEDY *******S, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

onesidefitsawall

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-19-2012

not permanent so its not really worth buying

Kijitow

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
The goal here is not to have ghosts and bats popping up all over Summoner's Rift all year round. It is a Harrowing/Shadow Isles promotion to add a new element to the event and help us understand how players like and use ward skins.
Perhaps the OP should not have told us to stock up to use them year round in that case?

venomxl

10-19-2012

hey riot, just stopping by to say S my D until I B my L on your T's. You're a bunch of money grubbing prostitutes who deserve to get nickels thrown at their poons.

Heartlis

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
The goal here is not to have ghosts and bats popping up all over Summoner's Rift all year round.
It's something you are selling, having them pop up all year round is exactly your goal.

Im not buying anything temporary and insulting anyone who does, we vote with our wallets and this temporary nonsense lost you guys this sale

Teh Cuddlez

10-19-2012

ha... haha... HAHAHAHA! HAH! omg, seriously riot? seriously? I would've paid 975 rp for each of these if they were permanent. As evidence I present my pumpkin head fiddlesticks skin I still use every game. Are you guys under new management or something? That's the only reason I can think of for such a monumentally good idea going bad.

SonsofaBastages

10-19-2012

hold the phone
you want me to pay RP
to unlock this really cool thing you're selling
...for a week

o_____________________________o

wtf Riot you could have had my money but you got stupid (I can't even bring myself to call this greedy - it seems too poorly though out)