Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ward Skins Coming Soon

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChronosTrigger

10-19-2012

uhhhh....i think this idea might of been biting off to much than they can chew....(hey..dont be to harsh on they...every company has that 1 idea that just fails every once in a while)

Mantheon Mandrop

10-19-2012

Just downvoted it.Lol so far 1428people downvoted this thread. Maybe riot will make them perm.

Artstsym

10-19-2012

Ok I can understand why you'd think that with a really low RP cost people might want to buy it, but honestly all of these should be IP if they're going to be temporary.

Virus Scan Me

10-19-2012

I heard Zombie brand is freakin a legency skin so that means you could bring him back at any given time so that means this game is not celebrating Halloween this year......and we buff Jaycee when a range ad/melee is not op knock back aoe speed/slow.

Sugar

10-19-2012

Quote:
Hippalus:
If players like the concept of ward skins, the longer term plan would likely be to have permanent ward skins year round plus lower cost rentals for the holidays. This is an experiment with a new type of content and it doesn't make sense to offer permanent non-holiday ward skins until we see if players use and enjoy it.

Perhaps you should use a term other than 'experiment.'

IP charge is fine for 'experiments,' but charging RP for something that's just an 'experiment' just sounds silly, and greedy.

-1 respect for Riot as a business.

PiriPiri

10-19-2012

As a dedicated support player, I was very much looking forward to seeing the new ward skins, and got even more excited after the price - Thinking that was the price for permanent usage I actually got excited, but have no completely lost faith in the pricing team at Riot.

1. Non-permanent skins, even if they are holiday skins, are a BAD idea. And replying to all arguments that point in this direction by saying something silly like 'oh, but it's only for the holiday period' is ridiculous. That's like limiting usage of holiday champion skins to a certain time of the year. What the fudge.

2. Your explanation of usage is weak. Only after reading the forums I realised that not only are they not permanent, I cannot use them whenever I want. So if I wouldn't play LoL for a while to dedicate my time to studies, I would've wasted my money.

3. Your pricing. Is. Ridiculous. No further explanation is necessary. My fellow summoners have already stated the 10k IP it would cost to use the cheapest IP wards for a year.

I hope you'll reconsider making these permanently available - even if this would mean they were to be more expensive.

Zawnbu

10-19-2012

Quote:
PiriPiri:
As a dedicated support player, I was very much looking forward to seeing the new ward skins, and got even more excited after the price - Thinking that was the price for permanent usage I actually got excited, but have no completely lost faith in the pricing team at Riot.

1. Non-permanent skins, even if they are holiday skins, are a BAD idea. And replying to all arguments that point in this direction by saying something silly like 'oh, but it's only for the holiday period' is ridiculous. That's like limiting usage of holiday champion skins to a certain time of the year. What the fudge.

2. Your explanation of usage is weak. Only after reading the forums I realised that not only are they not permanent, I cannot use them whenever I want. So if I wouldn't play LoL for a while to dedicate my time to studies, I would've wasted my money.

3. Your pricing. Is. Ridiculous. No further explanation is necessary. My fellow summoners have already stated the 10k IP it would cost to use the cheapest IP wards for a year.

I hope you'll reconsider making these permanently available - even if this would mean they were to be more expensive.

Well said. (and I'm also a dedicated support player so I feel your pain/excitement)
I'm a Halloween FANATIC and would LOVE to use these year round. I REFUSE to pay real money (especially how much it would cost for me to use them year round) for something that isn't a permanent addition as far as skinning something goes. I think if anything you should be able to select somewhere in your profile to use or not use them (for those who say they don't want halloween wards all the time).

I MIGHT consider spending IP on them for non-permanent but I wouldn't spent many. I agree with your point. I'd be willing to pay a little more for them if they could just be permanent and then toggled on and off. I was even going to buy 2 of each kind so I could change it up but not going to even second look at them for non-permanent skinning.

Articuno XI

10-19-2012

i think everyone is disappointed that they only last 1 week....

TERR0R1ST

10-19-2012

pineapple

ZapatillaLoca

10-19-2012

cute idea i guess..another cash cow for Riot..my cuestion is, so you buy these wards, they stay in your inventory...now when you play, do you have an additional slot for them or are you short an item slot just so you can impress your friends with your fancy skins?