Ward Skins Coming Soon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

10-18-2012
3 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanikz View Post
Are they worth more gold if I destroy?
Nice idea, but no, they behave exactly the same as regular wards.

Bland

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
The goal here is not to have ghosts and bats popping up all over Summoner's Rift all year round. It is a Harrowing/Shadow Isles promotion to add a new element to the event and help us understand how players like and use ward skins.
Well, to be quite honest, this does NOT seem to be your goal...
Otherwise you would not be able to buy a YEAR worth of ward skins.

Edit: That actually adds a new problem, that people might not KNOW these wards and be confused, because they're not used frequently in, let's say, 10 months from now...

Kapaluccio

10-18-2012

The average LoL Player wont fall on this one... maybe make them random? You know... you place a ward and its appearance is randomly picked

TheFlyingSpoon

10-18-2012

Never has spamming wards at the end of a game looked so fun.

NordicBeserkr

10-18-2012

Seriously Riot? You can't just make the wards permanent? That was the thing I was most excited about in the Shadow Isles preview, and you've just slapped us all in the face. So tired of you pulling **** like this Riot. What are you going to do next, make us pay RP to play the new 3v3 map?

EndlessDeath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

this needs to be made permanent.

Gigadunker

10-18-2012

I am going to have to agree with the general sentiment here. Why in the world would you make these temporary, especially when you are not putting out any Harrowing skins for supports this year? The 1 thing support players, and all players more generally, can get excited about is just a rp/ip dump. I am disappoint. Please change :-(

Best Fizz EU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Riot, you really messed up. At least make a system something like you can pay IP to get it for 1 week and you can also pay 450-975 RP (or something) to get it forever. No money from me, Riot.

IrrationalNoob

10-18-2012

Quote:
The goal here is not to have ghosts and bats popping up all over Summoner's Rift all year round. It is a Harrowing/Shadow Isles promotion to add a new element to the event and help us understand how players like and use ward skins.
Understand that they would be a cool idea but people don't like temporary things.

I would be fine with the Halloween ones being temporary as long as there is also a permanent option (that would not have to be Halloween based, or it could be)

Dirge Farum

10-18-2012

Quote:
I can tell you right now that I like and would use ward skins, especially since I play Support all the time. BUT! and this is a big but! I do NOT pay money for things that only last a week. I will pay money to unlock it for real, that is all.