Ward Skins Coming Soon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chrystoff

10-19-2012

why are you forcing me to lose my trust and view on you Riot! you've become a standard money hungry giant.

TheDemi

10-19-2012

looks like a consensus

Naztharius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2012

lol hmmmm even if i bought 10-12 weeks worth pretty much im going to be using these halloween ward skins during christmas time yet you STATED that you didn't want people to express halloween in different seasons...

im so confused

TheDemi

10-19-2012

Honestly, I could understand them being rentals if they were only IP, as there are countless players with lots of IP on hand, but I couldn't imagine anyone spending real money on such a minor luxury.

Carnyfex

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leverette *******http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/images/buttons/viewpost.gif********
Oh and in case my post on page 103 wasn't clear enough: I'm in total opposition of anything rental. I've spent a modest chunk of money on this game in the past, but unless this outrage is fixed, I completely refuse to hand you anything.

I don't even call it an outrage due to the rental system. Terrible marketing is well within your rights. What makes it an outrage is your blatant lies, which you didn't even bother trying to hide, making it all the more insulting.

You claim that you don't want these lasting all year long, despite having permanent seasonal champion skins already? There's not a snowball's chance in hell of me believing that nonsense. You gave the option of them lasting a full year if we pay you enough.

You claim that this is an experiment to test the success of permanent skinned wards? You insult me, Riot. The only way your experiment adheres to the scientific method is if the variable being tested is actually the rental system. So which one sounds more believable: Riot, a $50 Billion company, is somehow run by uneducated peons, or that they would gladly lie to maximize profit? Considering my previous statement about the 52 week purchase option that contradicts your paper-thin lies, I'd say it's the latter.

We're not the fools you seem to take us for, Riot. If you need more money, man up and say so. You've got a wonderful game that many people, including myself, would be glad to support. However, I'll be damned if I continue supporting anyone who would insult my intelligence and lie to me. Have faith in your community. Do right by us, and we'll do right by you.
There is No Denial that Riot is trying to make money out of us in a very blatant way for my part i spended for PERMANENT stuff inside this game not rental its always that way Riot approached its community and it should stay that way ... Whats the next step ? Skin rental for 52 weeks ? if this is the case forget my money ill stick with my permanent one.

Aquagen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2012

Haha. But thanks to the modders who will give you a chance to use it forever.
But i thinks better to give it like skins. There is not so many skins when you are playing a league, especially Halloween and New Year ones.
Hope there will be permanent option in the future and if it'll cost like legendary i'll buy it anyway.

Treyen

10-19-2012

ew, limited duration? no thanks, riot

Bobbinapples

10-19-2012

I also think that the temporary duration is a poor choice on their part. The reason why the argument for "We don't want different looking wards popping up all around the map the whole year long" is stupid, is that wards are by default invisible to the enemy team. I don't get it. Teemo shrooms have skins. Heimer turrets have skins. Shaco boxes have skins.

Riot will not get more than 25 of my leftover RP on this one. Shame, too. I really thought this was a cool idea, both aesthetically and tactically. I thought it would be cool to be able to type out to "watch out at bat ward".

Really, really disappointed in this one. enjoy your 55 cents in RP from me riot.

Majiger

10-19-2012

It's a great idea and all (I'm always for cosmetic things), but you should really clarify your post a lot better.

You say you can stack up a year's worth of wards, but that becomes misleading in the sense of "Oh cool! I can have bat wards for a whole year!"

You should simply write: You buy the wards, they become active for a week, during this time you may switch your skins but they also only last a week from their activation day.

I really don't like this idea of "temporary" skins. It makes me thinks of Maplestory Cash Shop costumes that force you to shell out $5 per costume every 3 months just to keep the same look, that is if they are not cycled out.

If Riot wants to go the temporary route please do something like this:

X normal ward skin = 200ip = last 3 days
X normal ward skin = 400ip = last 7 days
X normal ward skin = 2000ip = perm
X Fancier ward skin = 150rp = last 3 days
X Fancier ward skin = 300rp = last 7 days
X Fancier ward skin = 975rp = perm
Holiday ward skin = 500ip = 7 days
Holiday ward skin = 500rp = 7 days
Holidary ward skin = 1850rp (legend price) = perm

I want permanent options for "collectible" skins, other wise it is a total waste of money.
Do you think Harrowing skins would sell well if you had them expire after a week? I don't think so.

So please don't pull this on us with wards. I don't care if it is an experiment or not but give us the option of permanent ward skins for "special" versions.
Go ahead and have a large amount of pricing options, that's awesome that we can finally buy some skins for IP!, but please don't make this a "We will see if this has enough money potential to make it permanent" that is just unfair Riot.

You're already siphoninig my wallet with the new skins (particles on almost every new skin? daaaaamn there goes my money) so please give me a better reason to give you my money with these skins.

Please and thank you Riot.

(Read all the posts that are telling you that we don't like a rental system, at least one that does not give us a permanent option. But then again if this permanent option costs more than current skins all I have to say is: Deactivate my account and refund my $2000+ that I spent on RP.)

Camelslayer

10-19-2012

Wait, they only last for ONE WEEK...

Seriously Riot, what the heck?

That's such a waste of IP and RP. What's the point in buying them if they're only temporary? Why are you trying to rip off your players?

So, let's say I want one of these for a year. Here's basically the damn prices you gave.

Deadfall Ward: 10400 IP
Haunting Ward: 41600 IP
Tomb Angel Ward: 1300 RP (Approx 10 USD)
Widow Ward: 3900 RP (Approx 30 USD)
Bat-o-Lantern Ward: 8580 RP (60 USD)

Yeah, the pricing for as permanent-as-you-can-get is pretty f**ked up.

Either make it permanent or don't do it at all.