Ward Skins Coming Soon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hak3n

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
The goal here is not to have ghosts and bats popping up all over Summoner's Rift all year round. It is a Harrowing/Shadow Isles promotion to add a new element to the event and help us understand how players like and use ward skins.
If thats not the goal then how come you have no problem taking 52 weeks worth of RP from us? lmao

Lord Gwyn

10-18-2012

Ill buy the IP ones, but you lost an RP payment until they are permanent.

Inférnity

10-18-2012

lol ward skin.....

mlc444

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordpickle View Post
I'm going to assume he didn't mean that concerning the icons.Some poeple just get excited when something pisses them off and they go posting on it.
The summoner icons thingy is in another announcement. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2694440

Zarkmar

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaddar View Post
QUESTION:

if we want Ward skins to be permanent and we purchase them, we will be also -by default- voting in favor of rentals. -- fail
if we don't "buy" the ward skins because they are at rental, you will not push the ward skins permanently int the game because it'd seem ward skins aren't worth it. -- fail

that's a HUGE flaw in the experiment.
It's called a conundrum.

DanRileyCG

10-18-2012

Riot, I was genuinely excited about this-- until I saw that they are temporary. Now I'm not buying any. O.o

Please make them permanent. This shouldn't be a big deal, they're entirely cosmetic.

Hellbound

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

addicted to cigaretters nah not me, i just keep doing them

Ryuuuuuuu

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
The goal here is not to have ghosts and bats popping up all over Summoner's Rift all year round. It is a Harrowing/Shadow Isles promotion to add a new element to the event and help us understand how players like and use ward skins.
I don't post often, but I just can't let this slide by. Your comment don't make a lot of sense. If Riot really don't want to see ghosts and bats popping up all year round, there's an easier alternative. Just make it so we can only use these wards during this time of the year. Why even give us the option of "renting" it and use it for the rest of the year. We know you're not serious about this because you gave us that option. You're contradicting yourself. Either make it limited use only for this time of the year, or offer it year round.

If you say, that Riot wants to give the players options, why don't you give us the option to buy it permanently. You're already encouraging it by giving us the option of "renting" it. Just give us the option of owning it for good. That's all we're asking. The fact that you're only giving the option of renting it, just makes Riot looks greedy to the players.

I also disagree that this will help Riot understand how the player use the ward skins. If the players decide that they are not going to buy these skins, It's because they don't like the "purchasing " options you have on offer, not because we don't want these skins. .

Mr M0nday

10-18-2012

Make it permanent or not at all.

I am honestly disgusted at this Riot. You should be ashamed.

Drace Sylvanian

10-18-2012

Was excited.

Lasts for a week. Nice scam brah.